~12~

You lean forward, eyes shut. You only hope Daryl had followed. Just then, you feel the collision. Your body jolts and begins to explore this new feeling Inexperienced. You were inexperienced. Daryl leads the way, deepening the kiss. This warm emotion overtakes your body. Someone- no, something broke through the ice cold barrier your heart was kept in. Ever since that day. The official first day of the dead. Daryl draws back from you and breathes heavily. You realize your heart was quickening it's pace. 
     "You shoul' ge' some sleep tonigh'," he spoke gently. "It's been a roug' day"
     You simply nod your head in response and he walks out. Keeping your hand over your chest, you slowly take in what just happened. The barrier. It broke. Not long ago, your heart was caged in ice, resulting in no emotions. Daryl had warmed your heart. He saved you. Again Again. You could feel. The window which was left wide open to keep the smooth, fresh air inside the room was the first thing that stood out to you. Your instinct. You must peer outside.
     As you get up, you remember the dream. The moonlight, the bed, the window. Your head starts throbbing and you lay down on the bed. This is what it's like to be human. The pain, guilt, sorrows. The pleasures, happiness, joy. It is all part of being human. Memories. The most cherished thing a human keeps. It's more than money could ever buy. It all comes flooding back to you. The memories of your life before the dead started walking. Life before the dead started walking.

...

"So I heard The Walkers Arise is coming out," your best friend states excitedly.
Her dad was the president making her filthy rich and she knew about the latest trends before anyone else did. In public, she would often have to wear a hood to hide her identity. 
"The Walkers Arise? I already have it pre-ordered!" you respond and she gasps. 
"Pre-ordered! No way! Your parents allowed you?" She then starts mocking her parents "Too violent!"
"Of course I did! It's the hottest video game out there. Approved by me," you smirk. "Many people are going crazy over it"
"Do not tell anyone this, but the other day I was eavesdropping on one of my dad's important phone calls. Not my fault. I was angry at him for not letting me buy it so I decided to get some revenge," she takes a deep breath. "They're going to make it come to life. The dead will rise"
"Oh my shit! Just prey things don't get out of hand," you laugh. "As if that's going to happen"

...

"Burn them! Kill them!"
Outside, it was noisy. The screams were ear-killing, the cries were too painful to hear. You run in to your mom's room. It all started again. The nightmares.

...

     You wake up to the peaceful noise of birds chirping. The sun was not too high in the sky. The house was still asleep. Or so you thought. Your savior was there. Daryl Dixion. An emotion shot up. It was confidence. A burst of confidence. 
     "Yo Daryl! Wait up!" you jump out of the window, slide down the rooftop and jog over to him. He already had his boke out, ready to go. For a while, he was stunned.
     "Not once have I see' you  move yo' lil ass lik' tha'," he says, it looked like he was ready to laugh, but then remembered something and his face darkened. "Leave"
     Leave.