~13~

You didn't know what you did wrong. Daryl just hopped on to his bike and left. Just like that. Your heart skipped a beat. Nervousness began to kick in. You were clueless. With no where to go, you decide to walk back in to the house. Kicking a couple of stones in the way, you spot a walker. It was far out into the distance, but you could see it limping. Out of the blue, it hit the ground. Someone was standing behind it. As the walker fell on to the floor, the 'someone' was revealed. Daryl Dixion. You watched as he took down more walkers, making sure that they won't get up again. After a few minutes, the wind starts to pick up and you go inside.
     "Morning!" Carl greets you as you walk in.
     "Mmm...I smell something delicious! What's for breakfast?" you ask. Carl just stares at you as if you were a walker.
     "What's with the sudden change in attitude?" he says, explaining the sickening stare. You think for a while before responding.
     "I just...realized something. More importantly, are those pancakes?" you reply and bounce in to the kitchen to help.
     About an hour later, you were stuffed with pancakes. It feels good. Suddenly, Daryl walks in. He looks at you then walks straight out. He's been behaving oddly ever since the incident. Your stomach feels like it's upside-down, your heart aches, your head hurts. You decide to walk back in to your room to look-over things. As you climb up the stairs, your body starts to pain all over and you tumble down.
     "Dad! Dad!" you hear Carl shout.
     You lay there on the ground, unable to move. All you could do was watch. Watch the walker tumble down the stairs. Watch it creep over your body. Watch it about to eat you inside out. You then lose connection with the world. Again. It keeps repeating.

...

"Jenna?" you call as you see your best friend.
"It's started. Run while you can. Not even god can save us now," she says, spooked.
"Slow down, slow down"
"No... don't slow. It's... started. Run...you can. No...god...can't"
You watch in horror as a walker comes out from behind her and digs it's teeth deep in to her flesh. She screams in pain.
"Don't cry, barricade yourself. No emotions, you mustn't have emotions. You'll loose sight of humanity and most importantly, yourself"
That's all she could say before she was gone forever. Jenna. Your most cherished friend. Tears threatened to spill as you slowly took this in. More walkers jumped out of no where, ready to hunt you down. You have to do what Jenna couldn't. You have to run. Launching your whole body forward, you sprint. Your heart aching, paining as it closed up. The barricade was complete, it was now formed. Only the most powerful could break it. A soft blur took over.

...

Ice cold blue flashed before your eyes. You didn't know what it meant, but now you do. The most powerful.

Daryl Dixion.

Black.