Chapter 3: A Dream or a Nightmare?

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I sat through my next class with my head in a cloud. I couldn’t believe Aaron’s sudden outburst. I was finally getting a guy, and all he could do was try to sabotage it. Then again it was Aaron. I couldn’t even look at him. I turned my attention to the my table. There were doodles all over the table. It was quite comical.

As soon as class ended, I hightailed it out of there, heading straight towards Thea’s car. There seemed to be someone obstructing my way at every nook and cranny, but I was willing, at that moment, to run over anyone who got in my way.

“What’s the sudden rush?” Thea called.

“I need to get home to prepare for my date.” Thea gave me a look, a look that I knew all to well. Her disapproving look. Her eyebrows raised, her lips pressed in a thin line, and her eyes widened just a fraction bigger than the normal size. We stepped into her car and an awkward silence hung over us.

As soon as the car stopped in front of my house, I noticed that Thea was about to open her mouth. I bolted from her car, muttering a quick thank you, and a bye. I barely avoided a cat as I stepped onto the porch, breathing in a sigh of relief and pushed open the door.

I looked at my watch, three hours to get ready and do my homework. I quickly grabbed my backpack and lugged it up the stairs. I took out my homework load and delved right into it. I wasn't really in the mood for derivatives or studying hydro-lipids, but I had to make sure my grades were perfect, this was my last year after all.

 I didn’t notice the time until my parent’s came home. My digital clock read 6:00. I did a double take, that couldn’t be right, it had been four only a few moments ago. I rubbed my eyes and looked again, but nothing had changed. I jumped up and rushed into my bathroom to take a quick shower.

As soon as the warm water hit my skin, I could feel my tension melting away with the flow of water. I didn't want to get out, but I was under a strict timeline. I quickly rinsed my hair out and reluctantly stepped out.

It was 6:55 when I finally finished, glad that I had time to compose myself before the big moment. I walked down the stairs calmly as the doorbell began to chime. My outfit was composed of a black skirt with a white tank top and black cardigan. My ears were dotted with heart earrings and I sported a pair of white laced flats.  

“Mom, dad, I’m going out, I’ll be back by 10!”

No reply, as expected of my parents. They always treated me with the cold shoulder. Even when I came first in my class, they still ignored me. I had long since given up on winning their affections.

I opened the door.

“Hey there. Wow, you look amazing.”

I tried to keep from losing myself in his gorgeous sea blue eyes. They were really striking tonight, more so than ever. As soon as he let me out of his cage, I took a look at my date. He wore black torn jeans and a causal black button up that showed how fit he was.

“Thanks.” I replied after I had caught my breath.

“Shall we?”

He led me towards his Mercedes. The butterflies’ in my stomach were evolving into birds. He opened my door like a gentlemen and ushered me in.

“So where are we going?” I asked, once we were on the road.

“You’ll see.” He said with a mysterious look and a big grin.

I sat back. Wondering what this surprise was going to be, and what I had done to deserve his kindness.

I must have dozed off, because the next thing I knew we were coming to a stop in front of what seemed to be an abandoned amusement park, with a majestic ferris wheel at its centre. I gave Delano a curious glance. There was a forest next to it, giving it an omniscient feeling.

"Is this it?" I asked shyly, wondering if this run down park was safe to step into.

“You’ll see.” He said once again, prolonging the mystery.

We step onto the park grounds, walking towards what seemed to be the main house. We stepped in and he flicked on all the switches that were there. Everything became bright, and the ferris wheel came to life. I gasped. Its rainbow coloured lights gave it a magical feeling.

“Surprise!” Delano said, looking at me timidly.

“Delano, this is… amazing!”

I ran around the ferris wheel like a five year old. Delano’s laughter surrounding me. I looked back at him.

“Let’s take it for a spin.”

“Of course!” I agreed eagerly.

We got into the car. As we slowly ascended into the night sky, the stars I became aware of how close we were. I decided to take my chances and leaned into him, feeling his rock hard stomach. I blushed, and tried to pull away, but he held me tighter.

“You’re so beautiful. I can feel your soul, it’s calling to me.” His breath tickled my ears.

I couldn’t make sense of what was happening. I should have felt safe, yet I didn't. I felt like I was in danger. My brain was suddenly becoming very muddled and confused.

His lips came forcibly down on mine, and I opened my eyes wide. We were on top of the ferris wheel, and everything was dark except the bright stars that covered the night sky. But wait, why was everything dark? I couldn’t dwell on the matter as the feel of Delano’s lips finally caught up with me. His tongue seem to snaked into my mouth like an unwanted bug.

This kiss, it wasn’t anything I had felt before. It was like I was giving him a piece of myself. It didn’t feel right. I tried to push him away, but he just pulled me closer to him. His hands slipped under my tunic and I squealed. His tongue invaded my mouth. But he wouldn't budge. His hands tightening around me, pulling me even closer.

“Stop it!” I squirmed as I turned my head, so he could stop his assult on my lips. I was trying my best to put more distance between us.

“Don’t you want me?” He asked in his alluring seductive voice.

For a moment, I was confused. But I gave into the voice in my head that told me everything was alright. He leaned over and started to kiss me again. This time I responded. I slid my hand under his clothes. Feeling his washboard abs. It was getting stuffy, when I felt it. A stirring deep in my soul. He held me down on the bench. Sneering.

“Help! Help!” I cried at the top of my lung. Watching my soul slowly coming up towards him. Nothing making sense. How could I be seeing my soul and was Delano as dangerous as Aaron claimed?

“Stop what you’re doing!” A voice commanded. The pulling stopped, and I lost conscious as my soul surged back into me.