31. Where am I?

@PaperWings
(12 years ago)
______

She stares at the little boy standing amidst the fire.

"Why is he here?" she thinks, "he's so young. Too young."

It confused her, she's never seen a boy or a girl his age her. He had to be six maybe seven years old at most.

She watches as the boy looks around confused. The little boy makes his way deeper into the fire his arm reaching out in front of him, she suspects that the boy wants to touch it.

The heat of these flames are hotter than the hottest suns. The temperature of these flames are unfathomable and yet when most people would want to run away from it, this little boy wants to touch it.

This simple action confuses her further more. She watches as the little boy's tiny finger reaches within milimeters of the fire before he drops his arm to his side, his face full of confusion as he looks at his hand remembering something.

The little boy looks around; searching for something or maybe a somebody?

She watches as the little boy's dark eyes lit up. He found the something he was looking for.

The little boy makes his way towards her, coming closer and closer and closer.

"Is he coming towards me or something else?"

"Excuse me Miss," he looks up at her, "where am I?"

Her heart almost broke in two. She couldn't imagine what this little boy had done to come to this place. His big dark eyes looks up to her with innocence and curiosity.

"How old are you?" she asks.

The little boy thinks for a few seconds before answering, "Seven," he holds up seven little fingers as if to show her.

"Seven...that's way to young."

"What is the last thing you remember?" she asks.

She watches as the boys' eyes starts tearing up, breaking her hurt further more. She's about to tell him that he doesn't need to answer her question, but is cutoff when he does.

"A lot of meanies were chasing after mother and me. I didn't know what else to do so I did it..." he trails off leaving her confused even further, "is mother alright?"

"What exactly did he do?"

"I don't know," she answers, "but if I find out I'll let you know."

The little boy nods.

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Sasuke Uchiha."

"Konan!" a man yells.

"Sasori," she greets.

"I see you've met our newest resident," he gestures towords Sasuke.

Konan nods. "What did he do?" she asks.

"Don't know yet, but he doesn't get the fire," Sasori says, "he gets much worse. Pain is going to tell us what he did later."

Sasori turns to leave. "Welcome to Hell, kid," he yells a sadistic grin on his face.

She looks at the little boy and grabs his tiny hand. She gives it a little squeeze.

"It'll be alright," she says seeing his face. His expression didn't show fear or worry. It was just plain; empty.

"It'll be alright," she assures once more. she knows it won't be alright. She knows that these words of hers are just a broken and empty promise.