17. Street Fight

@papercuts
_____

She stares ahead. Her face is impassive, but her eyes are filled with worry.

"How much do you bet he'd be able to control him in less than five minutes?" she hears her friend ask.

"Puh-lease," her other friend answers, "do you see how out of control he is. There's no way he'll be calmed down in less than five minutes."

"Fifty bucks says I'm right."

"Deal."

The girl sighs and continues to watch with worry.

It wasn't abnormal for her friend to lose control, but it's been happening more and more often. It causes the girl to worry.

She doesn't want any of her friends to get hurt. They're like family to her.

She focuses on the male with black eyes, his sleeves are rolled up revealing an intricate pattern; scars. Scars on top of scars cover the boy's body.

It almost scares her to think of how many scars lay on the boys' body. She wants to heal each and every one of those scars. She wonders about how he got them.

She glances down at her arm where a scar runs from above her elbow to her wrist.

She then focuses her gaze to the orange eyed man. His fist is flying to the black eyed one aiming for his face, but hits the air instead.

"Please calm down," she thinks. "I don't what you to get hurt. Can't you see he's trying to help you."

She knows that he doesn't lose control on purpose. She knows that it's completely random, but she still can't help but to worry about the state of her friends' mind.

Another punch misses followed by a yell from the black eyed man yelling for him to calm down.

He finally lands a blow on the boy; a kick that sends him flying into a pole.

"Shit!" she hears him curse. "Calm down!"

They share a few more blows before the man is finally able to regain control of himself.

And when he does he immediately goes to the black eyed boy and apologizes for when he loses control he's not aware of his surroundings; of what he is doing.

"Hah! That was less than five minutes! Pay up!"

"Fine."

The girl walks up to her two friends.

"Are you guys alright?" she asks looking them over.

"Nothing major. Thank god."

She receives a nod from the both of them in response.

"Good," she smiles.