Blocked Advances

Chapter Thirty Three: Blocked Advances

Everyone's plate were either half empty or totally cleaned with little to no stain at all. The two feet tall Gavin was all smile as he rubbed his swelled belly. The young adults and adolescents chatted with each other, their volume increasing as they moved to movie genre topics. Topics moved from their current favorite television shows to favorite films and genres. With much debate, majority suggested they watch a horror movie before everyone return to their respected homes. 

There were protests from the parents due to Michelle, Lily, and Gavin's age appropriation. But, with much convincing from Lily and some of the likes of Johnny, Sef, and Jessica, Michelle and Lily were able to join them. Although Gavin wasn't able to join, he was bribed into behaving from Simon and Wallace. Soon, Gavin didn't care he was excluded from Insidious. 

When everything was cleared off the table, they all thanked the servers and attendants, as they exited out of the tent. Outside, the sun was almost done setting, showing the sky's gradient of orange and purple hues. Indeed, it was a beautiful sight for everyone as they leisurely walk towards back inside the house. It gave them ample time for their food to digest, letting everyone who is going to watch the movie, have more room for snacks and drinks. A certain food lover was excited for whatever food that was going to be served as they watch.

Simon and Wallace led the group, both talking in hush tones, through the wooded path and into the Spencers' backyard. In a matter of minutes, the large group reached the main entrance to the large housing. He aside in front of the two families, holding the door as they all filed in. One after the other, they all gathered waiting for Johnny's father to lead their way back to the living room.

Halfway through the hallway, the younger generation minus Gavin and little Gabriel separated from the parents. Before they could walk away, Simon called out to them. "Once the movie finish, you guys go to the living room. We'll be waiting for you there. Please, I don't want any shenanigans or tomfooleries, okay? Now, go and enjoy your movie."

With a nod to Simon, Johnny led the group to the right of the hallway. He, along with his followers behind, took down a flight of stairs. The hallway was a little dim, but their eyesight was soon assaulted by lights appearing in their vision. Each light blasted at the group as it sensed the figures underneath it. The path to their destination lessened as they gets reach the home theater room.

Having reached a door, Johnny let each one in. Each individuals filed in a line, welcomed by darkness. Johnny told them to stay in one area while he ventured to turn the lights on. When the lights came into life, the whole room illuminated showing the grand home theater system that was built. As they stand by the door, they looked around. To their right there was a large white screen, and to the opposite of the room were the seating area of different kinds of seats.

All the way in the back, at the highest inclined space, were four spacious black leather reclined single cushioned seats. At the second row inclined space were two twin mattress with a table in between. Few couple of pillows were placed on the beds, in which at most two people can fit on it. At the ground level were three seated couch that can be turned into a bed. At the front, closer to the screen, were two bean bags on a fluffy white carpet and a low table.

Michelle and Bai dashed for the bean bags and sat on them. The older of the two grabbed the much bigger bean bag and yelled, "Shot gun!"

Bai's siblings and their cousin looked at looked at him like he turned to an adult playing inside a ball pen pool. Jessica and Sheryl soon followed and choose one of the twin size bed. Both women cuddled up, as if they haven't fought before. Right behind the lovers was Lance who took the other unoccupied bed. That left for Johnny, Timmy, Lily, Genevieve, and Sef to either take the three seated couch or one of the the single sits at the back.