A Joyful Wake For Our Dearly Departed

It has been a week since his death came. The Wong family contacted the last remaining family of the deceased love one. Regardless the seriousness and mourning of his death, the family felt at eased that he passed away quiet and peacefully. Families, friends, and visitors were all celebrating the peaceful passing of the deceased, Wong Yi Fan.

A blend of loud chatter and babbling from the adults and youngsters could be heard in the brightly lighted four walls. Everyone in the living room either wore white, black or red as sign of respect for the dead.Separated in to groups, Timmy sat with his siblings and younger relatives; sharing stories of their past, while eating the food and drink that prepared from the morning for the affair.

"Ge, I can't believe Grandpa gave you those rings." Lily vocalized her envy at her brother. She pointed at the dangling gold rings on Timmy's neck. "Ugh. Look at them. It looks beautiful."

"I'm sure your future husband will get you the best rings you can asked for." 

Bai patted Lily's shoulder. "I'll pray for your future husband." Lily sarcastically laughed at his step-brother's comment.

The people surrounding Lily, Timmy, and Bai were much younger than them. Only a few were the closest to their age, but the rest were either in middle school or high school. Basically, most of them didn't pay much attention to what the young adults were talking about. It could also be due to the fact, they were mostly on their phones or mobile gadgets.

Bai bumped into Timmy, and asked, "Hey, where's Johnny? He said he'll be here with the food and beverage." 

Timmy gave Bai a stinky eye.

"Do I look like his keeper?" 

"If the shoe fits." Bai snicker at his . Next thing he sees was Timmy smirking, as he gets pushed of the arm chair he was sitting on. He yelped when his buttocks went against the hard wooden floor. "Fu-..." Seeing the kids around him, he, instead, yelled, "Fudge sticks!"

Hearing the word fudge, an overly chocolate-obsessed kid yelled, "WHERE!" The kid jumped up and down, yelling the same word over and over again.

Out of nowhere, Johnny picks up the eight years old boy and gave him a fudge bar wrapped in plastic. "Here you go little buddy." 

Everyone in their own corner stares at the little kid, gobbling up the chocolate fudge bar, as if the kid hasn't eaten in days. After finishing up the sugary food, the little kid, with his chocolate coated fingers and mouth, went to give him a little kiss on the cheeks. Johnny cringes at the little affection given to him. 

"Hey, why don't you go to the bathroom, and clean your mouth and hands. Will you do that for me?"

Nodding his head, the kid ran to the bathroom. Once the kid is out of his sight, he wiped away the smear that was left on his face.

A teenage girl spoke to Johnny. "My mom's gonna kill you for giving him chocolate. Now, he's gonna be all hyper this evening."

Johnny shrugs. "Don't you mean 'me'? Plus, isn't that a good thing. He'll fall asleep earlier." 

"No I'm right. I meant 'you'. As in I wasn't the one who gave him the chocolate, now did I? Plus, who's going to take care of him when he gets hyper? Shouldn't it be the person who gave him that sugar rush?" The teenager pointed at Johnny, giving him a smug expression. "Meaning you." The girl left to go look for his missing brother, before she gets into trouble.

The teenage girl left Johnny speechless.

Watching a grown adult and a fifteen year's old banter back and forth, was hilarious for Timmy, Lily and Bai. The three sat there watching the whole thing trying to keep their laughter quiet. Bai, who was still on the floor was now on his back while grabbing his stomach. Others still paid no heed to them.