Father and Son's Heart to Heart

The duo arrived at the Spencers' Family Estate after an hour ride from the candy shop. With the vehicle parked at the front entrance of Johnny's family house, Johnny had called out the head butler of the family to the car. Before leaving, he takes the pale pink box with a the name of the shop Johnny bought the mooncakes from. 

"Mason, have someone get Jessica to a guess bedroom. Make sure Jessica's clothes are changed by a maid. Also, notify me or my father, if you can't contact me, when she gets hysterical when she wakes up or while she's sleeping. If there's nothing wrong with her, don't bother looking for me."

Johnny dismissed him with the manservant carrying Jessica. He watched the two household staff help Jessica to her room. Once out of sight, he walked to the East Wing, where his bedroom lies. Just as he take a step onto the winding staircase, a voice startled him. Almost dropping the box in his hands, he cursed as he calmed himself down.

Looking towards his left, Johnny stares at the man he calls his father. Standing at a long, dim lighted corridor was Simon. Simon stood there waiting for Johnny with a mug in his hand, sipping once in a while. 

"How's Jessica? Is she alright?" asked Simon, concerned written on his face.

Nodding, Johnny said, "She was a little freak out when we were in a shop. On our way back, she fell asleep about fifteen minutes away. I think she's alright, now that she's asleep. I had someone inform us if she wakes up in hysterical again or if there's something wrong while she's sleeping." 

Johnny's expression turned grim. "Father, will she be okay? Will parents be okay with her coming out? Dan"

Simon . "I don't know, Son. We can ask her tomorrow. Then we'll see if she'll tell us or not, then we'll know what to do."

"Okay," said Johnny, then turned to leave. With a step on the first step of the staircase, he looked back to Simon. "I bought a box of mooncake. They aren't as good as mom's, but they're tasty enough. I thought you might like some mooncake."

A wave of emotions came over Simon. He's knees almost buckled and his hands almost let go of the box. 

"You okay?" The son questioned his father. 

Closing his eyes, Simon said, "Jonathan, why don't we have a chat. I have been meaning to have a long conversation with you for sometime now. And, I feel like tonight's the right time. Any further delay, and it will just create more complications later on."

Johnny's back was facing towards Simon, while he thought over on whether to follow Simon's request. It took him a minute to make a decision.

Outside, the stars peeked behind the cloudy night sky. Despite the crescent shaped moon piercing through the velvety atmosphere, it was still dim as it cast shadows on to its surrounding. The lowly lit place gave a melancholic sensation as Simon and Johnny walked the pathway leading to an overgrown but still beautiful garden. Nearing the small conservatory, large over grown vines crept around the areas. Even the marbled statue center piece was covered by the green, the statue's wings is the only thing left uncovered. 

The two went to sit on the edge of the elaborate fountain which is located in the middle of the garden. Their reflection were slightly mirrored by waning moon. Their faces were devoid from any motions as they stare at the openness. Both men basked in the silence the area it brought. 

"Why are we here?" Came from Johnny's mouth. His lips thinned.

Another sigh escaped from Simon. 

"I wanted to talk to you in private. Away from ears that might be listening. It's been so long since I came here, that I wanted to visit it again Ever since her timely death, I haven't set foot in here." A smile graced his face, but with it was pain and sorrow. "Natasha told me she sees you walking around here. Is that true, Johnny? " Simon was interrupted.