Chapter 26 Butterfly Album Release Party (Part 2)

Unedited. Sorry for any mistakes loves💖

December 14, 1997

Author's POV

"Mariah come on loosen up", Brat said as she tried to get Mariah to take a shot of hard liquor.

"Brat I don't wanna look like a fool in front of everyone."

"Bitch fuck everybody else, this is your motherfucking party", Brat said.

Before Mariah could say anything else, she felt two arms wrap around her waist.

"Hey babygirl you wanna dance?", Ginuwine asked.

"Sure babyboy", Mariah said as she turned around to face him.

Mariah knew she couldn't dance, but she was willing to give it a try with Ginuwine.

"Okay just go leave with your baby daddy then", Brat said with sarcasm.

"He ain't my baby daddy", Mariah shot back.

"Yes I am", Ginuwine laughed causing Mariah to roll her eyes at him.

"Y'all go have fun, Mariah I expect you to take at least one shot when you get back here though", Brat said.

"Okay."

With that, Ginuwine and Mariah made their way to the packed dance floor.

"Ginuwine I can't dance", Mariah said.

"It's not that hard Mariah, show me what you can do."

"Don't laugh at me okay?"

"I won't.......maybe", he laughed.

"I'm not playing you", she said seriously.

"Okay I won't."

She started her attempt at dancing by bobbing her head and moving from side to side, but somehow both of her legs were going in the opposite direction of each other.

Damn, she can't dance, Ginuwine thought to himself as he watched her flail her arms and legs around.

"Okay Mariah stop", Ginuwine said as he put his hands on her hips.

He turned her around and pulled her against him, which caused her to turn her head and look up at him.

"Just follow my hands okay?", he said as he began to move her hips from side to side in a steady rhythm to the music.

Mariah nodded and did as he said.

She got the hang of it pretty fast and was able to move without the guidance of Ginuwine's hands after a couple minutes.

"You're doing good peaches", Ginuwine said as he kissed her neck.

"Thanks, but please don't kiss me there. You already know what happens when you do", she grinned at him.

"Mhmm I know", he said and then kissed her neck again.

"Ginuwine stop", she half moaned.

"Okay I will, but it's not my fault that I make your panties wet", he said in her ear.

"Why do you have to be so nasty all the time?", Mariah giggled as she kept dancing against him.

"Says the one that's grinding on me right now."

Mariah hadn't noticed, but she'd started rolling her hips against Ginuwine which began to make him erect.

"Oh sorry", she said.