Chapter 4 (Part 1) Mariah's Anniversary

March 27, 1997

Author's POV

Today is the day of Mariah's twenty-seventh Anniversary. Other than hanging out with Brat, she hadn't really planned on doing anything else today. They had so far planned to go shopping and then have lunch at their favorite pizza place on the other side of town.

Mariah's POV

"Girl wake up!", I heard Brat yell as she shook the living daylights out of me.

"Brat, damn why the fuck you do that? You see me trying to sleep!" I yelled.

"Girl it's eleven o' clock in the morning and yo ass still laid up sleep. Time to wake up. And watch yo mouth girl cuz you know you don't curse."

"Do you need me to take your key away?"

Brat was the only one that had a key to my penthouse and I had one for hers.

"No, but you need to get up and out of this bed, besides I made us some omelets and they are waiting in the kitchen."

My stomach growled at the sound of the news.

I quickly got out of bed and we both went downstairs to the kitchen.

When we got to the kitchen, I walked in to a complete surprise.

There were Hello Kitty balloons and stuffed animals everywhere and there was even a Hello Kitty cake on the table with Hello Kitty candles.

"Happy Anniversary Mimi!!!", Brat yelled.

"Oh my god, Brat you didn't have to do all this sis!!!" 

"But I did!" she giggled.

"Thank you so much!", I said giving her a hug.

"Awwww you're welcome."

"Now where are the omelets because I'm starving."

"They're right there on the table if you'd open yo damn eyes."

"Oh be quiet."

I went to the table, sat down, and dug into my omelet which consisted of ham, cheese, bacon, potatoes, and onions.

"Brat you really slayed this omelet dahling."

"I know I did!"

"So what shops are we going to today?" I asked her.

"Wherever you want to go, after all it's your day. You need to be shopping for a man."

"Ha ha very funny." I said with sarcasm.

"It's true Mimi, because the only thing you do is go between the studio and the apartment everyday."

"How are you going to judge me when you don't even have one."

"That's because all the ones I've been with were dogs and fuckboys, but don't worry about me."

"Well you need to get a man first before you tell me to get one." I said getting up from the table to put my plate in the dishwasher.

"I'm going to go get dressed so we can go. You can watch tv in the mermaid room if you want." I said while going up the stairs.

"Okay, hurry up!" she yelled.

"Don't rush me!"

I made my way up to my bedroom and into my closet to pick out an outfit.

After fifteen minutes, I ended up going with a pink short-sleeved top, tight blue jeans, and matching pink wedge heels.