Chapter 12 Fourth of July

July 4, 1997

Author's POV

Today was none other than the Fourth of July. Ginuwine and Mariah had spent most of the holiday kissing, cuddling, and watching movies in Mariah's three bedroom cottage that her and Brat share in Hamilton County, which is a rural area in upstate New York.

Usually Ginuwine would be spending Independence Day with his family, but his parents and Aaliyah decided to go on a vacation to the Florida Keys to celebrate the holiday. Mariah would usually be spending time with Brat here at the cottage, but since she had business obligations to fulfill, she wasn't able to tag along on the four hour trip from Manhattan to Hamilton County.

"Baby I'm bored", Mariah said as she stared blankly at the television.

"What do you wanna do?", Ginuwine asked.

"I don't know, but I'm tired of watching movies."

"You wanna go swimming down at the pool?", he asked.

"Sure if you want to", Mariah said looking up at him.

"Well come on and let's get changed", he said gently moving her head off his lap.

Mariah and Ginuwine both got off the couch and went to go get changed for the pool.

Mariah changed in her room while Ginuwine changed in the guest room.

After about fifteen minutes, Ginuwine came out of the guest room wearing black Versace swimming trunks and a black muscle tee with black Versace slides. Mariah came out of her room wearing a white bathing suit cover up and white wedge sandals.

After grabbing two towels and some sunscreen, the couple made their way down to the gated pool on the other end of the property.

When they got there, Mariah unlocked the gate and they entered the pool area.

Ginuwine sat the towels and sunscreen on one of the long chairs and got ready to get into the water.

Mariah watched him as he took off his slides and then his shirt, exposing his muscular chest and rock hard abs, causing her to bite her lip. It was the first time she had seen Ginuwine without a shirt on. All she did was stare. Her hands longing to feel his muscles.

"Baby take off your sandals and cover up so we can get in the water", Ginuwine said.

"Sorry....I was um", Mariah said as she stepped out her wedge sandals, her eyes still fixed on his abs and chest.

"What?"

Ginuwine could tell that Mariah was really fascinated with his muscles, so he took both of her hands, laid them on his chest, and slid them all the way down to his lower abdomen, causing Mariah to gasp.

"Is that what you wanted?"

Mariah nodded her head yes.

"Okay now lets get in the water", Ginuwine said.

He unzipped Mariah's cover up and slid it off her shoulders revealing a white bikini.

Mariah immediately covered herself up with her arms.

"Why are you covering yourself up?", Ginuwine chuckled.

"I feel naked."

"I think you look fine", Ginuwine said as he looked at Mariah's beautiful curves.

Mariah smiled at him and said "Tag you're it!", as she ran and jumped into the deep end of the pool.

Ginuwine jumped in and swam after her, but she was too quick for him.