Chapter 20 You Can Call Me Mama Part 2

September 24, 1997

Mariah's POV

Once we got to the front door, my nervousness had subsided a little.

Ginuwine reached into his pocket and pulled out the key so that he could unlock the door.

"Mama we're here", he yelled as soon as we stepped into the house.

"Well it's about time", a light skinned women that looked like an older version of Aaliyah said as she came around the corner.

"So this is Miss Mariah, it's nice to meet you", she said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Haughton", I said nervously.

"Uh uh that makes me feel old, call me Diane or better yet you can call me mama", she said taking a step back to look me up and down.

"So you're just gonna forget about me?", Ginuwine said.

"Boy I've seen you before."

"Aaliyah, Rashad, Michael! Ginuwine and Mariah are here!", Diane yelled.

"I didn't know Rashad was in town. Why didn't you guys tell me?", Ginuwine asked.

"Because he surprised us yesterday, we didn't know he was gonna be here either."

"Sorry baby I was handling a business deal on the phone", a darkskinned man that looked like an older version of Ginuwine said as he came down the stairs.

"Hey dad", Ginuwine said.

"Hey son. So this is the young lady I've been hearing about. Nice to meet you Mariah, my name is Michael", he said as he held his hand out for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you too", I said shyly as I shook his hand.

Next, Aaliyah and a guy that looked exactly like her came down the stairs.

"Hey Mariah", Aaliyah said as she walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey", I smiled and hugged her back.

"Mariah this is my brother Rashad, Rashad this is Mariah", Ginuwine said.

"Hi", we said at the same time.

"I'm a big fan", he said.

"Thanks."

"Uh uh I'm a bigger fan than you", Aaliyah snapped at him.

"Stop lying", he shot back.

"What was her first single then?", Aaliyah asked him.

"Emotions", he answered wrongly.

"It's Vision of Love stupid", Aaliyah said.

I giggled as they bickered back and forth.

"Alright alright quit that bickering in my house and especially in front of our guest", mama Diane yelled.

"Aaliyah and Mariah come with me to the kitchen and boys y'all go help Ginuwine get the bags out of the car."

"It can't be that much stuff", Rashad huffed.

"Boy you better watch who you're talking to", mama Diane warned.

"Girls come on", mama Diane said.

We walked out of the foyer area and into a large country style kitchen.

Once we got there, Aaliyah and I took a seat at the island.

"So how have you been Mariah?", mama Diane asked me.

"I've been good, how about you?"

"I'm well, sorry if I'm acting a little weird it's just that I'm still shocked that you're actually here. I can tell my son really loves you", she smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah he never brings anybody here to meet us", Aaliyah said.

"He told me a long time ago that the only time he would bring a girl home to meet us is if he's going to marry her. Don't tell him I told you that though", mama Diane said.

At that moment all the puzzle pieces seemed to come together. Ginuwine tells me all the time that he's gonna marry me one day and to hear it from his family meant that he was actually being serious.

"Oop let me check on this lasagna before I burn it", mama Diane said interrupting me from my thoughts.

She walked over to the oven to check on the food inside.

"Aaliyah get the salad out of the refrigerator, the lasagna is almost done", she said as she closed the oven door and walked back over to the island.

"So you really think he's going to marry me?", I asked.

"I'm sure he will Mariah. I wouldn't mind having you as a daughter-in-law."

"Just make sure y'all give me some grand babies when y'all do though", she chuckled.

I laughed along with her but deep down inside, I felt differently.

**********************************************************************************

This chapter was brought to you by the ideas of the good sis mariahsworld , who is a good ass writer with tons of good ass stories. Thx alot!

I would've updated sooner but I had to go to my brother's high school graduation yesterday. Only two more years for me until I graduate.

Part 3 will be up in a few days!

Love M