Chapter 7 Gossip

June 6, 1997

Ginuwine's POV

"G whatchu' been up to man? You barely wanna hang out with us anymore." Timbaland said as I walked into the studio.

I decided to come to the studio and catch up with my homies Timbaland and Static Major because our friend Missy was in town and they were helping her out on her debut album "Supa Dupa Fly".

"Man I've been busy."

"Busy doing what?", Static asked.

"Working."

"That's not what I heard." Timbaland said.

"Whatchu' hear?"

"I heard you been wining and dining Mariah Carey."

"Yeah so what?" I said trying to act cool.

I see you G, you done found yourself a white girl", Static laughed.

"Nah man I don't think she's white." Timbaland said.

"Why you say that?", Static asked.

"She look lowkey mixed with something because don't no white girl got a body like that."

"G do you know what she is?" Timbaland asked.

"What do you mean?", I said without thinking.

"Do you know what her race is?" he asked being more specific this time.

I didn't know how to answer the question. I hadn't really been curious about Mariah's race until this conversation. I didn't care if Mariah was purple with green polka dots, it still wasn't going to change the way I felt about her.

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"Really man. How long have y'all known each other?"

"Almost three and a half months."

"Okay so you've been talking to her for three months and a half months and you don't even know what she is."

"Does it really matter?", I asked getting annoyed.

"Alright enough about her race. Did you hit it yet? That's what I wanna know." Static asked curiously.

"Huh?" I said pretending that I didn't hear what he'd just asked.

"Did you get some pussy yet?"

"No, and besides why do y'all feel the need to be all in my business?"

I was beginning to get really irritated by the crazy questions they were asking. It was like I was in an interrogation room.

"Y'all been talking for three months and you haven't gotten any? That's a shame." Timbaland said shaking his head.

"It's because I respect her and I don't want her just for sex. Mariah is a beautiful women with a kind and sweet personality. I would never want to play her like that. Besides it's way too early for that and we aren't even in an official relationship yet."

"Just because you two go around being wild with all sorts of woman doesn't mean I do too." I added.

"Man you act like you wasn't the same way a couple of years back." Static said.

"Yeah but at least I changed unlike you two."

It was true, I was wild back when I used to be an artist in Da Bassment, a group that Devante Swing from Jodeci put together. There was always women around in the studio when we were recording, so yeah I did go a little crazy. I finally stopped when one of them got pregnant and claimed that the baby was mine, but it turned out to be someone else's.