Chapter 5 The First Date

May 24, 1997

Author's POV

Today was the day of Ginuwine and Mariah's first date.

Ginuwine was on his way to Mariah's apartment to pick her up. He hadn't told her where they were going for their date because he wanted to keep it a surprise until they got there.

When Ginuwine got to her apartment, Mariah was already standing out front waiting for him. She had on a Tommy Hilfiger tank top and denim shorts with matching sandals.

"Hi", Mariah said as she got into the passenger seat of his car.

"Hey."

"So where are we going today?" she asked.

"You'll find out when we get there." Ginuwine said with a grin on his face.

"Can you at least give a hint?" Mariah begged.

"It's somewhere really fun." He said as he pulled off.

Twenty minutes into the car ride, Mariah began to get impatient.

"Where are you taking me Ginuwine? We just left the city." Mariah said as she looked out the window.

"Mariah we're almost there." Ginuwine chuckled.

"I'm just making sure you're not kidnapping me", she giggled.

"Now why would I do that?"

He drove for another twenty minutes and they finally reached their destination.

"We're here", Ginuwine said.

They pulled into the parking lot of Rye Playland, an amusement park.

"How did you know I loved amusement parks?", Mariah grinned at him.

"I just guessed. I wanted to take you somewhere fun."

Mariah smiled at him which caused Ginuwine to smile back at her.

"I have a question though, Is the park closed because there are barely any cars in the parking lot."

"That's because I booked the park for the whole day." Ginuwine exclaimed.

Booking the park for the whole day wasn't cheap, but Ginuwine was willing to do anything for Mariah.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go have some fun!" Mariah said getting out of the car.

"Hey wait for me!!" Ginuwine said running after her.

Ginuwine's POV

When we got to the entrance of the amusement park, we were greeted by the park attendant.

"Hello my name is Simon and I'm the park attendant for today. Here are your maps so you can know your way around the place and if you need anything, feel free to come by the guest service center."

"Thank you", I said as I took the maps and handed one to Mariah.

"Okay where do you want to go first?", I asked her.

I watched her study the map for a brief moment before she made her decision.

"Let's go to the Dragon Coaster first.", she said as she pointed to where it was on the map.

We held hands as we made our way over to the ride.

Once we got there, we walked up a flight of stairs that led to the ride station, where a ride attendant was waiting for our arrival.

We boarded the ride and he made sure we were secured in properly.

"You ready?", I asked Mariah.

"Yeah." she smiled.

The ride started and we began to ascend up the lift hill to prepare for the drop.

When we got to the top I began to get nervous. I didn't realize the ride went this high.

We finally went down the drop and through a series of high speed twists and turns.

The ride lasted about a minute and thirty seconds and it wasn't that bad after all.

"That was fun!", Mariah said as we the ride returned back to the station.

After that, we got on five more rides before we stopped for lunch at one of the restaurants. We casually talked and ate for about an hour before we went to ride more of the rides.

My favorite ride was the Mind Scrambler because it went extremely fast.

We also went to the other side of the park where there were tons of prize games. I won Mariah a giant teddy bear and she won me a basketball.

***************

After a day of rides and games, Mariah suggested that we end our date by watching the sunset on the ferris wheel.

We walked all the way from across the park just to get to it.

Once we were boarded and properly secured in, it began to make it's way to the top.

"Look at the sunset, it's so beautiful." Mariah said softly.

"Just like you." I said.

I wanted to let Mariah know how I felt about her so bad, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was just to scared. I'm still proud of myself that I had the confidence to ask her on a date.

"Thanks. You really feel that way?"

What am I thinking? I should just tell her now.

"Yes Mariah, why else would I ask you on a date? I've had feelings for you since I first saw you. You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm deeply in love with you Mariah and I want you to know that."

"Ginuwine I feel the same way about you, I was just scared to tell you. Nobody in my entire life has treated me the way you do. I can tell you genuinely care about me." Mariah said as she looked down at her hands.

I took my hand and lifted up her chin so that we were face to face. I leaned in and kissed her soft lips.

Something I've been wanting to do for forever.........

 So what do you guys think? I would've updated sooner but the workload of the new semester has been whooping my ass and I just got two new puppies, so I really haven't had any time at all lately. I love you guys and please keep supporting me by voting and commenting.

Fun Fact:

Rye Playland is a real amusement park in Rye, New york and is the the place where Mariah shot her Fantasy video in 1995 on the "Dragon Coaster".

P.S. What do you guys think of the new single "I Don't"? I love it❤❤❤

Love M💖💖💖💖