Chapter 21 Ginuwine's Birthday

October 14, 1997

Author's POV

"G we should go to the club tonight to celebrate your birthday", Tim said through the phone.

Today was Ginuwine's 30th birthday and he had spent most of the day at his apartment with Mariah. Since Mariah agreed to move in with him, they had been steadily moving her stuff into his place but today they decided to take the day off.

"Nah man imma stay home with Mariah tonight."

"Damn she got you pussy whipped already?", Tim laughed.

"No but I'm finna get some tonight though."

"Oh I see, well imma let you handle your business then."

"Alright I'll talk to you later man."

"Aight bye", Tim said and then hung up the phone.

"Baby how did you enjoy your dinner?", Mariah said as she walked into the room and sat on Ginuwine's lap.

"It was good as hell peaches."

Mariah had cooked fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and greens for dinner and Ginuwine had went back for seconds and thirds.

"I have a surprise for you", she smiled.

"What is it?", he asked.

"I'll be right back", she said as she got off his lap and ran out of the room.

After a few minutes, she came back into the room with a medium sized box that was wrapped in red paper.

"Here you go", she said as she handed him the box.

"Peaches I said you didn't have to get me anything for my birthday."

"Well I did because it wouldn't be right if I didn't."

"But-"

"Boy shut up and open it", she said crossing her arms.

"Okay", he said and proceeded to unwrap the gift.

Once the wrapping paper was off the box, Ginuwine lifted the lid off of the box revealing two smaller wrapped boxes.

"Open this one first", Mariah said pointing at the slim box wrapped in shiny green paper.

Ginuwine unwrapped the box and opened it revealing a solid gold chain.

"Wow peaches this is nice."

"I figured you would like it. I always see you with your silver chain on so I got you a gold one."

"Well thank you."

"Okay now open the next one."

Ginuwine took the next box which was slightly larger and heavier and began to unwrap it.

Once the paper was off, he opened the box revealing an iced out watch that was completely filled with diamonds.

"Damn Mariah how much did you pay for this?", he asked in a serious tone.

"Don't worry about it. Do you like it?", she smiled.

"Yeah, but I don't want you spending all your money on me."

"Ginuwine I have plenty of money, besides you always buy me expensive things."

"Yeah because you're a queen and deserve to be treated like one, now come here and give me a kiss."

"No", Mariah laughed.

"Come here", Ginuwine grinned.

"No", she said again.