Disapproving Sister

Chapter Thirty-three

Disapproving Sister

**Lailah's POV**

Abigail stood in front of us in all her beauty, I felt like a grumpy chipmunk compared to her angelic swan like persona. She was just so graceful and evil at the same time, from a distance she was perfect but if you get to close she'd peck your eyes out ...

And why yes I did just compare myself to an angry chipmunk, glad you noticed.

Me and Nathan sat down before her at a desk while she scowled angrily down at us muttering under her breath.

She'd been like this a while now ...

I estimate about five minutes, or maybe more.

I think it's a reaction from Nathan telling her I was his mate. She went totally pale faced from shock and commanded we sat down immediately so that's what I did despite Nathan's complaint telling me not to listen to anything she says. I just rolled my eyes and told him to sit down.

I blew out my checks looking around the room out of boredom. How long is she going to be?I mean I think she's overreacting a little bit. I should be the one sending Nathan dirty looks not her. I was the one who ended up mates with the idiot after all.

I decided to break the silence "can I go now?" I really just want to go to class instead of being stuck in between this sibling drama.

Nathan hand reached down under the table to squeeze my thigh giving a sympathetic smile in a supposed reassuring way but it just made me annoyed. All this tension was giving me a headache.

"Oh Nathaniel" Abigail sighed, speaking for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"I shouldn't of told you Abigail" Nathan replied turning his head to her with an unreadable expression.

"What good would that of done?" She scoffed leaning back on Nathan's desk "you'd run away with the-" Her eyes trained on me for a heartbeat of a second "girl?"

Well it was an approve from slut and whore I guess.

Nathan just shook his head looking down at the table

"Then what then? You change her, hold her in secret. You can't make her love you Nathaniel, you know how well that method works" She said harshly

I frowned confused, Nathan catches my expression and for a brief second pain flashes over his eyes. But it was so fast I couldn't be sure if I had actually seen it.

"Mothers going to murder you when she finds out" laughing bitterly she eye'd me carefully. Her stare was violating and I couldn't help cowering into Nathan a little.

"Well that won't be a problem because she's not going to find out" He said raising an eyebrow at Abigail as if testing her loyalty.

"Oh brother, don't you trust me?"

"Of course not" The hardness in his eyes was slightly unsettling, it was easy to forget they were siblings and not sworn enemies.

"Don't worry I'm not going to say anything" She said almost lazily "I'm just going to sit back while the chaos prevails by itself"

Nathan stands while my frown depends, the confusion was probably written all over my face.

"Well please excuse us, sister" He said a deep frown playing at his lips. Like he couldn't wait to get out of here.

Helping me up Nathan grabbed my bag from the table and slipped it on over my shoulders.

"Wait here" Nathan warned Abigail as he led me out of the classroom

She just smiled evilly at me giving me a short wave- I didn't return it.

He closed the door behind us his jaw tight and his eyes hard, clearly affected by what his sister had said. I resisted the urge to comfort him because that's what I so desperately wanted to do right now.

"I don't-"

Nathan cut me of with a shush.

Um excuse me?

He closed his eyes for a second, pinching his face up in concentration. I had no idea what he was doing and I wasn't about to ask because he'd probably just rudely shush me again.

He opened his eyes after a few seconds "you can talk now"

"I'm not sure I want to ..." I trailed of "what did you just do?"

"I blocked out my sister, she was trying to listen in on our conversation" He said very mater of factly like listening into conversations was something his sister did a lot.

"Right ..." I said giving him an odd look not even bother to hide my feelings. I then said rather lamely "I forgot what I was going to say now"

Nathan nodded slowly like he was thinking carefully about what he was hound to say next "I want to apologize for my sister, she can be unforgivable sometimes"

"It's fine" I shrugged although I wasn't sure if it was.

"We need to talk little one" He said clearly but the words seemed reluctant to leave his mouth

"Talk then" I said helplessly.

"Not here" Looking around the school hallway he frowned deeply "I want to get away from here Lailah, a few days alone together is what we need"

"Is it?" I said although there was a part of me that was already screaming yes (I normally try to ignore that part of me.)

"We have a lot to talk about ok? I can't talk about any of that here. I'm not asking you anymore than for you to listen" He said

"When?" I said sucking in my bottom lip

Nathan thought for a second "This weekend"

My teeth bit down on the lip with force thinking for a few seconds. What's the harm? Just talking won't hurt ...

"Fine" I nodded hoping I wouldn't regret this decision.

Nathan smiled reaching down to kiss my forehead just as the bell rings for break. Kissing my forehead just seems routine now, like I don't even protest because I know it's coming. Should I protest? Because it just feels right when he does it.

"Ok, go back to school Lailah" He said giving me a gentle push in the direction of the way out "while I go deal with my charming sister"

"Good luck with that" I giving him a teasing wink.

Nathan chuckled "cute" referring to my wink.

I walked away down the corridor turning the corner out of the history block. Somehow my spirits were soaring despite the whole Abigail nonsense. My happiness surly couldn't be down to the plans I have on the weekend with Nathan though ... could it?

******************************************

Hello my lovelies

My cats currently sleeping in my sock draw (I don't think she's ever going to come out) -_-

Hope you enjoyed the update! I enjoyed writing this chapter :)

Oh wait guys my cats just popped its head out ... Oh wait nope she's back to sleeping. Ugh

Tell me what you thought and thanks for reading :D

Xx