✨➕Revert➕✨

✨➕✨

Tyler's tapping foot filled the silence of the house as the Tv was the only light source and illuminated the young brunet's features.

Tears were threatening to spill, but he held them back as he pulled the blanket closer to his chin and pulled his knees up to his chest.

Josh was thirty minutes late getting home, and Tyler couldn't push down the uneasy feeling growing in his stomach.

The door finally creaked opened as Josh stepped in with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, babe, I was held up in traffic," Josh explained as he moved to kiss Tyler, only for the boy to turn his head.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Josh frowned as he cupped Tyler's face and stared into his watery eyes.

"A-Are you cheating o-on me?"

The question was blunt and brutal as it passed innocent lips and inflicted pain upon the older man.

"What?"

Josh was completely confused at the statement, taken off guard at something so absurd.

"I'm sorry I wasn't good enough and too clingy...," Tyler trailed off as tears fell down his cheeks and blurred his vision.

Josh felt his face turning red as anger spread like wildfire through his veins.

"Why would you accuse me of something so stupid, Tyler?"

His voice was loud and accusing as he yelled when his temper flared.

Tyler panicked, chest heaving and lungs constricting as he jumped up and fled from the couch.

His whole body was on autopilot as he ran to the bathroom and slammed the door shut before locking it and sliding to the floor.

All he could do was sob as his body shook and his lungs refused to take in enough air with the fear filling his body.

A knock was heard and Tyler could barely make out the sound of Josh's voice as he tried to bring himself out of a panic attack.

He closed his eyes as he lowered his head between his knees  and focused on his breathing.

He doesn't know how long he stayed like that or when he started clawing at his arms until angry red marks tainted his skin.

He flinches as the door bursts open and Josh stands in the entrance with a bewildered look on his face.

Tyler curled further into himself as he could only manage a weak "please don't hurt me," as he held up his hands weakly.

Josh dropped to his knees before leaning against the bathtub and pulling Tyler to his chest, holding him tightly as the boy squirmed.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I would never hurt you, you're so precious. So, so, so precious. Baby I'm going to marry you so hard one day, I'd never cheat," Josh pleads as tears gather in his eyes as he kisses the ring on Tyler's left hand.

"I'm so stupid, I just love you so much and it hurts that you can't see that because of your past and I just want to make you the happiest you've ever been. I'm not a poet and these words are nothing short of ordinary, but I love you more than words can explain."

Tyler nodded weakly as he relaxed in Josh's embrace, he felt small and weak.

Tyler felt guilty and over dramatic deep down, but his anxiety was extremely high right now as he shook in Josh's embrace.

He couldn't form any words as his body grew weaker and his eyes slipped closed as he subconsciously moved closer to Josh and the safety of his warmth.

Josh took this as his cue to pic the boy up and carry him to their bed.

Once in bed he turned the lamp off and rolled over to pull Tyler back into his arms, the sleeping boy looking more peaceful in the moment than he did when he was awake.

With Tyler curled into his side with dry tear streaks staining his beautiful face, Josh closed his eyes and prayed.

Please give me the strength to make this boy feel loved and safe again...

✨➕✨
A/n

I love you, my lil' spookies💞

👽Stay • Alive💀

-becca