✨➕Uncover➕✨

✨➕✨

It's been merely a week since Joshua and Tyler retrieved very few of Tyler's belongings from Justin's.

Tyler was still adjusting to life without Justin, to waking up in a new house, to not being abused anymore.

It's been a week of Joshua's back aching from sleeping on the couch, because he understood Tyler needed space.

A week of Tyler flinching at loud noises and fast movements, ... and the nightmares.

The young brunet had developed nightmares along the way, and almost every night Joshua was running as fast as he could with blurry eyes and no sense of balance in the dark to the distressed boy.

Tyler's whole body would tremble as his face twisted in pure agony, a cold sweat starting to form along his hairline.

Joshua would lay a delicate, gentle hand upon the boy's arm and whispering soothing words until Tyler was released from the prison that consumed him.

The pink haired man would sit beside him and hold his hand, rubbing soothing circles until his breathing was even and his body relaxed back onto the mattress.

When Joshua went to work he'd always fix enough breakfast for two and leave a plate in the microwave with a neon pink sticky note stuck to the surface door.

It may seem weird that Tyler and Josh started because of an one night stand, but it was so much more now.

Sure, it was heart wrenching to know that Tyler had to go through that, and Tyler would never be the same.

He will always live in fear of someone hurting him again, but Joshua swore to himself he'd never allow that to happen again.

Tyler was still in a form of shock, staying mostly silent and appearing to be in deep thought almost constantly.

The days were dragging on painfully slow, but Joshua was trying his best to understand and be considerate of the situation.

Tyler was so grateful, even if he didn't show it.

Joshua deserved more explanation, more interactions, but Tyler just couldn't bring himself to do it.

He felt dead, a lifeless body full with lead; sinking into the unknown abyss of the murky water surrounding him.

The duo silently hoped that this made them stronger, because neither one was interested in the thought of letting the other go.

This was life for them, and it was now their unspoken agreement, until one particular night.

Tyler let out a muffled sob that echoed throughout the quiet apartment; Joshua's eyes snapping open as he hurried to the bedroom where the boy laid.

Joshua instinctively took the boy's hand in his and whispered words so soft and gentle, they must've been from the heavens themselves.

Instead of them sitting in silence until the younger boy fell asleep, Tyler threw himself into Joshua's arms clumsily as he fisted the man's shirt and sobbed loudly.

The older man was taken aback as he held the bewildered boy in his arms and attempted to call him down.

"Tyler, honey, you're okay. I got you. I'm right here, you're safe."

The words were bullets to the chest for the younger, causing his heart to sting and tears become more frequent.

The younger, fragile boy held tighter to the man as tears streamed down his face, a repetition of words that made the elder's blood boil.

"I don't deserve you. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve you."

Joshua pulled back with a stern gaze as he brought Tyler's chin up and looked into his eyes.

"You deserve anything you want, Tyler. God you're so perfect, I don't deserve you. Everything Justin told you was a lie, Tyler. I can't even find the words to say, and fuck, it's just you deserve to hear them and I'm so fucking stupid that I can't think of anything to say," Joshua rambled as he shook his head with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sometimes admitting you can't find the words is more poetic than trying to compare your love to something," Tyler smiled slightly for the first time in what felt like years and Joshua wanted to cry; so he did.

They laid wrapped up in each other's arms as Tyler laid his head upon Joshua's chest and  closed his eyes; listening to the steady, reassuring sound.

The human beside him has the ability to pick someone else, someone less broken, someone normal..., but he chose Tyler.

Tyler went to sleep with a smile on his face for the first time in a long time thanks to Joshua and a weird thing called love.

✨➕✨
A/n

I bought NF tickets last night and I'm literally crying.

I love you, my lil' spookies💞

👽Stay • Alive💀

-becca💫