✨➕Closer➕✨

✨➕✨

The weather seemed to match Tyler's mood as it rumbled with thunder and shook the earth as it let out all of its pent up anger.

Tyler wasn't exactly running on anger, more of a mix between anxiety and fear, his body shaking with tremors at the thought of facing Justin.

Josh was by his side all morning, handing out reassuring kisses and embraces as Tyler cuddled into his chest.

Josh was literally his go to, his shoulder to lean on, and his protector.

When Tyler and Josh go out, the elder of the two always stares down anybody else that looks his way or gives unwelcoming looks.

The duo walk to Josh's car as Josh keeps his hand on Tyler's lower back in a possessive manner.

Josh held the door open for the smaller brunet, who was still shaking slightly with fear, as he gave the boy a kiss on his forehead.

"Buckle up, wouldn't want a cutie like you to get hurt," Josh smiled as Tyler managed a weak smile and a roll of his eyes.

"Whatever."

Josh shut the door before hurriedly rushing to the driver's side and slipping in, adjusting his seatbelt before looking over at the beauty in his passenger seat.

"You ready to go, princess?"

"I'm not a princess," Tyler defended as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"My bad, are you ready to go, brat?"

Joshua never let the teasing smile leave his lips as he poked his tongue out at Tyler while his eyes became squinty.

Tyler couldn't even begin to find himself aggravated or annoyed by the man beside of him.

"Not really, but I don't have much of a choice."

Josh's eyes grew sad as he became serious and reached over to place his large hand on Tyler's scarlet hued cheek.

"You don't have to do this, Ty," Josh reassured as he looked into Tyler's dark brown eyes, "I'd prefer that you do, but it's your choice."

Tyler sighed before interlocking his hands with Josh's and smiled the best he could.

"As long as I have you there I'll be okay."

Josh felt his heart leap from his chest as he smiled like a fool at Tyler's innocent declaration of trust.

"I'm glad I met you, Tyler."

Tyler smiled as he squeezed Josh's hand," I'm glad I met you too, Joshua."

✨➕✨

Tyler was having trouble breathing as he sat in the passenger seat of Josh's car with his seatbelt still secured.

He was honestly thinking of bolting down the street while never looking back, or maybe telling Josh he's changed his mind, but Josh was the whole reason he was dong this.

He wanted the love Josh was giving him, but he was still attached to Justin, and he always will be.

It was like a recovering addict or alcoholic, he would never be healed. Justin's name would always be carved upon his fragile heart, but the scars will heal and fade leaving him to function properly eventually.

He could be sober but he could never be healed, and that terrified him to no end.

"I'm ready whenever you are, sweetheart," Josh reassured him as he gently rubbed circles on the younger's pudgy thighs through his skinny jeans.

Tyler looked like a frightened child caught in the middle of a thunderstorm without his comforting stuffie.

"Promise me you won't leave my side at all, like don't even let go of my hand or step behind me. Please don't let him hurt me."

Josh wanted to both cry and kill Justin, but he could only kiss Tyler's cheek and nod, "I would never let him hurt you, I promise."

Tyler hesitantly nodded as he stepped out of the car and took Josh's hands in his own. He took a deep breath and subconsciously moved closer to Josh's side; seeking comfort and protection.

"I got you," Josh reassured the younger as he walked up to the front door and watched Tyler shakily raise his fist to knock on the door.

The door swung open as Justin stepped out and his eyes met Josh's in a challenge already.

Josh held Tyler closer on instincts as he eyed the other man down and moved to stand slightly in front of Tyler.

Preservation.

✨➕✨
A/N

I'm currently drowsy and sobbing to Happier by Ed Sheeran😊

I love you, my lil' spookies💞

👽Stay • Alive💀

-becca💫