✨➕Radiate ➕✨

✨➕✨

The air was thick, almost suffocating, and it weighed down in the heaviest silence Tyler has ever witnessed in his life.

He had just opened his eyes and everything hit him all at once. He looked beside of him to see Josh's face buried in the pillow and small snores following the rise and fall of his chest.

He wanted to love again, goddamnit.

He rolled over and threw his arms around Josh's shirtless frame, holding him close and kissing his shoulder.

Josh woke up and sleepily looked up at Tyler with hooded eyes in his obviously dazed state.

"Good morning, handsome," Tyler smiled softly as he looked into almond eyes that are the epitome of safety and serenity.

He was trying, he really was.

"Morning, Tyler," Josh cautioned as he looked completely confused and a little lost with Tyler's sudden change in character.

"I want to love again," Tyler blurts out during the awkward silence.

His heart was fast and heavy within his chest as he admitted those words out loud. He swallows thickly and braces for the rejection. His eyes are closed, and his fist stay at his side.

He was terrified.

That's what the wrong love does to you. It takes away your pride, trust, and soul. It leaves you as an empty shell waiting for meaning to suddenly resurface. It leaves you second guessing.

It leaves you completely broken.

Josh was still silent as he sat up on his knees and looked Tyler in the eyes, head tilted in bewilderment.

"I want to love you, Josh."

Josh's eyes watered at the words, and his chest felt like a bird in flight; weightless and free.

"I, fuck, I mean I love you. God I love you a lot, but I want to love you. I want to hold you, and be held, I want to kiss you freely without fear, I want to be around you without flinching. I don't want to be broken anymore."

Tears were pooling in doe brown eyes as his voice faltered in broke in pure desperation.

Why aren't there any goddamn words to express what he's feeling?

"You're not broken, Tyler. You're not. You've just not experienced real love. Love that lifts you up when you're down, wipes your tears, and holds your hands when they're cold. Real love will kiss your cheek in the mornings, argue when disagreeing only to agree to disagree with shared tears and warm embraces, and bringing you coffee in bed just the way you like it."

Tyler just nodded the best he could while sobbing and threw himself into Josh's arms. The sun rose to its full potential as the birds outside sung loud and proud.

The world was rejoicing.

"I need to take a shower," Josh yawned after things had calmed down and Tyler was just lying against his chest.