"Miroku!" Shippo said.

"Look out!" Katsumi shouted as she tackled the guys out of the way of another blast of flames from Jaken's staff.

"Whoa!" Shippo yelped as they scurried away from Jaken's magical flame-thrower.

"Give me that!" Katsumi yelled, tossing a rock at Jaken's head. It hit him right between the eyes, and while he was disorientated, she took the staff from him. "Hold onto this for me, Shippo."

"The sheath, huh? What sheath!?" Sesshoumaru said, furrowing his brow. He swung Tessaiga at Inuyasha again, forcing him to jump back. Sesshoumaru pounced, delivering blow after blow. Inuyasha was desperately trying to block them all, but the last blow sent the sheath flying from his hands.

"One swing... just one more swing," Sesshoumaru taunted as he gazed coldly down at Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled as Sesshoumaru raised Tessaiga to strike again. An arrow, glowing pale pink, struck Tessaiga's blade.

"Huh!?" Shippo and Jaken said as they and Katsumi and Miroku realized what had just happened over by the inu-brothers.

The blade crackled with the purifying energy of a sacred arrow as Sesshoumaru watched the blade's transformation reverse in his own hands. The huge sword now looked like a rusty old blade again.

'The Tessaiga's transformation has been cancelled!' Inuyasha thought, stunned. The arrow landed tip first into the ground a few feet away from them.

"Sesshoumaru!" Kagome yelled.

"Huh?" Inuyasha said in confusion as everyone turned to look at her. Kagome was standing in an archer's stance upon a huge boulder that was by the path leading to the mansion. She had already drawn another arrow, holding it in place as she spoke.

"The next one is aimed at your heart!" Kagome announced boldly.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. Katsumi wanted to face-palm. While it was true she had saved Inuyasha, Kagome had just put herself in danger. It's true her archery skills had improved lately, but she would need a lot of luck to actually hit her next declared target. Sesshoumaru wasn't going to just stand still for her.

"Inuyasha... Make your escape! Hurry!" Kagome said as she drew the bow tauter. Katsumi glanced at Sesshoumaru. Although there was barely any noticeable change in his 'ice prince' façade, Katsumi could tell he was not pleased.

'That young woman's arrow reversed the Tessaiga's transformation,' Sesshoumaru thought.

'Could Kagome really be the reincarnation of the priestess?' Miroku wondered in amazement.

"Sesshoumaru, next it's your arm. I'll shoot your left arm off!" Kagome threatened him. Katsumi's eyes widened in realization.

"Left arm!?" Inuyasha said. Sesshoumaru glanced down at his arm.

'... Of course!' Katsumi thought. 'Why didn't I realize it sooner? If the barrier works against youkais, then that has to be a human arm! A normal human arm would rot away unless it was enhanced by something...!'

"I can see it... The Sacred jewel shard!" Kagome yelled, releasing the arrow. Sesshoumaru dodged it easily and leaped at her.

"Kagome!" Katsumi yelled, jumping up and running to aid her friend.

"Huh!?" Kagome said in surprise.

"Stop! I'm the one who'll fight you!" Inuyasha yelled as he leaped at Sesshoumaru and swiped at him with his claws. Sesshoumaru dodged, but this time Inuyasha had managed to leave a scratch on his face. Inuyasha landed in font of Kagome in a protective stance.