75 / your city is my city

Hello, my darling. Yes, you're still my darling - even after all this time. Did you really think I'd let you down that easy? I'd never do such a thing. I have never let go of anyone before I was ready.

When I find myself in your city, I shudder with the thought of you. You crawl up and down my spine; send me shivers in the heat of summer. I remember your pretty face from the springtime, that golden smile and the sunlight laced in your hair sent me places. (We both know where and when.) In those days, we were within walking distance of your house, in the suburbs of your city.

That city once meant nothing to me. It now means a heart attack every time I'm there. You're from the projects, you say? I don't care - I'd travel to the most dangerous parts of that city for you. Why am I so smitten, you ask? It was something that struck me when I first saw you on that fateful day in the winter. I knew, oh... I knew so well.

And I fell in love with you. I did, I really did. I told myself no, I tore myself apart until I convinced myself that I could never love you. But darling, oh darling: I repaired myself. I am much too strong for my own good. I could tear you apart. I could, but I would never. You're precious, you're shining jewels in the family safe. You're diamonds to me.

I sometimes wish that your city still meant nothing to me. I'm tired of feeling my heart dip, tired of being reminded of you. We're so close, yet so far in this little dystopia. Maybe it would hurt less if you were further away. I would tear you apart to end this pain of mine. You caused it. Oh, you've caused it.

Please let me ruin you, let me tear you into as many pieces as you left me in. You don't even know how bad it's been without you. Would you like to find out? I'll show you, oh... I'll show you.

Your city is my city. We share this mess of a heart now; feel it beat. The projects were never the place for you my darling, move in with me. We can share this little hole together now, feel my love.

revengeavenue