“Will they get mad at you if I ask you out?” Marky said, leaning down so that he was sure that she was the only one who heard him.

Kol looked at him and deliberated quickly. Marky was quite a known TV personality and fairly famous since he interviewed all the big stars. It also didn’t hurt that he was young, tall and handsome. She was hesitant about dipping her toes into another pool of rumors, but he was cool, so she smiled and said, “I’ll give you my number on the way out.”

If she was lucky, then maybe she could get out of this mess with some of the One Direction boys’ current infatuation with her.

She was dragged along with Zayn back toward One Direction’s dressing room. They collected their things and Kol went around congratulating them for a job well done.

“Love you too,” Niall grinned as she hugged him.

“You’re worse than Harry,” she laughed, and she saw Marky at the opening dressing room door.

She went over to him and he gave his phone to her. She dialed in the number and saved her name. “It was nice meeting you,” she said, waving and then closing the door slowly as he walked away with a white-toothed grin on his face.

“Marky got your number?” Niall guessed, not looking pleased. He looked down at her like she had done something bad.

“Yeah. He wanted to go out sometime,” she shrugged.

“You really have to stop just giving out your number to random people,” he said, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at her.

“Like how I gave mine to five random guys I met during a music video shoot?” she raised her eyebrows at him and gave a cheeky smile. She pinched his cheek and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “Don’t worry, Nialler. I’ll pick you over him anytime.”

He looked in a better mood after that, as Louis slung an arm around Niall and gave him a kiss on his other cheek.

“Louis!” Niall protested as he rubbed his cheek.

“What? I was jealous of Kol!”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“Happy days!” Louis exclaimed, pumping his fists as he bounded over to Harry and smother him with kisses.

“Kol, can I be completely honest with you about something?” Niall said, lowering his voice as he pulled her outside the hall. Kol was confused as to why he was being so serious. Niall was usually the one who laughed the most, made unnecessary comments, swore like a sailor and chugged pints like one too.

“What is it?” she said, leaning in as well, trying to look enthusiastic, like they were sharing a really big secret.

“I don’t want you to go out with Marky Bower,” he said, looking like some disgruntled puppy. “I don’t want you going out with anyone, actually.”