Loki-Trusting the Flame

Start from the beginning

"3."

"And what are you and your daughters names?"

"I'm Y/N and my daughter is Y/D/N."

"What a beautiful name. Okay, so firstly I'd make sure unless necessary you keep your daughter unaware of the situation. Then if for any reason the services haven't gotten to you then you may ring again, also keep to the floor if the smoke gets in because smoke rises and try to use something to cover your mouths."

"Thank you," you gasped for air. 

"Stay safe," then there was a beep at the other end of the phone signalling that she had hung up.

You were on your own until the fire brigade gets here. 

Running into your bedroom, you scrabbled through your wardrobe searching for anything that could be used to cover you and Y/D/N's mouths if the smoke got in. Finding some thin scarves you sped back into the living room. Acting like everything was fine, you gave Y/D/N some cereal and ate yourself whilst sitting on the sofa. Everything felt off and you noticed that Y/D/N clearly felt it too because she was unusually quiet. 

For two minutes you sat with your arm wrapped around her watching SpongeBob in silence until the TV cut off. 

"Mummy where's SpongeBob gone?"

You didn't get a chance to answer before the wisps of smoke under the door began turning into dark grey clouds and the fire alarm began blaring again. You could hear the crackling of the fire beginning to burn away the wooden door. Y/D/N began crying and covered her ears with her tiny little hands. Grabbing her, you walked to the room in your house which had the biggest window and was the furthest away from the door. Putting her down in her bedroom you opened the window as far as it would go and gasped in relief as you spotted the fire brigade zooming towards you. 

"STAY HERE, IT'LL ALL BE OKAY," you told her. 

Running out into the now grey apartment you rushed around opening all the windows as far as they would go. As you opened the final one in the main room, there was a loud band and the door fell off of its hinges. The fire was now visible and you ran in horror back to your little girl. She was curled up in a ball, crying in the corner, when you got there with her favourite teddy in her hands. Sitting in the corner with her, you held her tight and whispered words to her to make her feel safe. Maybe it was also to make yourself feel safe too. 

Within minutes the smoke had filled the flat and the fire was crackling loud outside of Y/D/N's room. Shivering in terror, you didn't understand why they hadn't got the fire out yet. Could it really be that bad. Keeping your grip on your daughter you prayed for someone to come and rescue you. Slowly but surely, you watched the door catch fire feeling helpless and alone. Your calming words had become less frequent as you weren't sure how to sooth her when you were in tatters yourself. Suddenly, the fire became more violent. In seconds in covered most of the room and the heat was burning your skin. Grabbing as many blankets as you could reach from the bed, you wrapped Y/D/N up in them as she cried and screamed in fear. You only hoped it would stop her from being burnt a little longer while they put out the fire. Pressing kisses to her cheeks and forehead, you told your daughter you loved her and cried at the thought that you might never see her again, as the home you built around you burned. By now, the fire was seconds away from touching you and you stood up holding Y/D/N up as close and tightly to the window as possible, so she could catch some air and avoid the fire for as long as possible. 

Then there was a loud cough. And a mans voice. Spinning around, you came face to face with the monster that tore apart New York 6 months and a day ago. With natural instinct you pulled your daughter even closer to you, unsure of what this man was planning to do. Did he start the fire? 

His metal armour protected most of his body from the flames and he reached out as far as he could with his arms signalling for you to pass him Y/D/N. Violently shaking your head, his green eyes pierced your soul begging you to let him take her. 

"PLEASE," his surprisingly low, velvety, calming voice asked, "I CAN TAKE HER TO THE SERVICES OUTSIDE AND COME BACK FOR YOU. I WANT TO HELP HER, PLEASE."

Taking deep, shaky breaths, you knew what you needed to do. 

Kissing her a few times you spoke what you only assumed could be your last words to her, "SWEETHEART THIS MAN IS GOING TO TAKE YOU AND TEDDY OUTSIDE OKAY? YOU'LL BE SAFE AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON. REMEMBER MUMMY LOVES YOU."

She kicked and screamed but you passed her over to the man who had killed thousands and destroyed so much of your beautiful city. He nodded at you, as if grateful you had made a quick decision, and the right one at that. 

"I'LL COME BACK FOR YOU, I PROMISE."

"JUST KEEP HER SAFE, PLEASE."

He nodded, his luscious black hair flicking as he turned around and left. Leaving you to cry, surrounded by smoke and flames, in the fear that you had trusted the wrong man too easily. As you considered what other options you really had, your skin burned and you screamed in pain. Falling to the floor you waited for what seemed like hours but was probably actually only 10 minutes, thinking that Loki would never return. He wasn't exactly known for his honesty. Your eyesight soon began to blur and you struggled to stay away. Curling up into a ball, your body weakened and your cries became muffled whimpers. Just as your vision faded into black, you managed to make out the figure of none other than Loki, your saviour, rushing in to the back of the room. You felt him lift you up and as you passed out in his arms he whispered, "hold on my Midgardian princess, your daughter is awaiting you below."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3 months later. 

Gradually, you began to pull your eyes open to scan the room around you. The room was silent, or at least you couldn't hear anything. The pure white light assisted you in quickly figuring out where you were. Panicking, you began remembering the fire. 

That was until you heard the beautiful and angelic sound of your daughters laugh echoing throughout the room like music to your ears. Turning your head to the other side, you saw a sight before you that made tears stream down your face. Sitting on a chair, colouring next to your bed was the light of your life and she looked fine. Sure there was a few marks here and there but they were healing. She was alive. And there, holding her on his lap and making her laugh was none other than the God of Mischief himself. He tucked a loose strand of his untamed, raven-black hair behind his ear and his eyes glistened in awe at the girl he held in his arms. 

"Loki," she whined.

"I did draw a dragon for you, look," he laughs pointing at something in her book. 

"That's not a dragon silly, that's a snake," she giggles.

He gasps pretending to be shocked, "well, you'll have to show me what a dragon looks like then won't you."

She begins drawing and whilst she is in deep concentration, Loki takes a glance at you. Seeing you are awake, and crying, he presses the button on the side of your bed alerting the nurses and your daughter that you are awake. 

He smiles at you and you return it. 

"MUMMY!"

"PRINCESS!"

You wrap your arms around Y/D/N in the biggest hug you've ever given anyone. When she steps back you reach out and grab Loki's hand. 

"Thank you so much, you saved us both, you saved her," you beginning crying again. 

But the God doesn't seem to want your thanks. 

He leans down and kisses your hand gently, "it was an honour, Y/N."