Tom-Clouds

Tom's eyes fluttered open. He looked at his surroundings seeing you sat in a blue chair beside a bed that was not his, watching him with a face full of worry.

"Morning sweetheart, did you sleep well?" You asked.

"Where am I?" Tom's raspy morning voice retorted ignoring your question.

"Youre in the hospital Tom."

Tom's face crinkled in disgust and fear.

"You know I hate hospitals, why would you bring me here?" He asked slightly aggressively.

You looked down at your feet.

"You had another attack Tom. You couldn't breathe and there was nothing I could do to help you. This was the only option. I felt so helpless and useless. I was scared I was going to loose you."

His face softened at your frightened tone. He leant over and grabbed your hand pulling it over to rest on the bed with his; intertwined.

"You will never loose me Y/N. Do you want to know why?"

You nodded.

"Because your like the sky and I'm the clouds. When it's night time and it gets dark and cold, the sky gets stars, your friends and family, to make sure it isn't alone, like when I leave for filming. But as soon as the dark times are over the day time comes, when I'm back home. The clouds cover the sky, like it's a colouring book and I'm filling in the gaps for you. The clouds are bigger than the stars because my love for you is the biggest there is. The clouds wrap around the sky like I am wrapped around your heart and one day a ring will be placed on your finger making me more wrapped around you than the clouds can ever get to the sky. And do you want to know the best part?"

You nod again, like an eager child enticed by his romantic description.

"The clouds leave for periods of time and sometimes you don't know when they are going to return but they always come back. Always. And I will always be there in the clouds. Whether I am dead or alive. If this cancer beats me or I beat it, I will always be there, to wrap around you and keep you warm physically or in spirit. Because I love you Y/N."

Tears were slipping down your face and you gently hugged his fragile body and pressed your lips against his cold blue ones.

"I love you too," you whispered to him.

5 years you and Tom had been together and you wouldn't change it for the world. Or maybe you would. The Cancer changed everything. It hit you both like a truck just over a year ago. It was terminal lung cancer and Tom's fans knew too. That didn't stop him from making his last film and dedicating it to them and you though. He told them he'd be back. Just having a little time off to kick cancers butt. But you were still scared. The determined man in front of you was fragile, weak and being torn apart. But that speech made everything okay for the past few minutes. Like everything was back to normal. As it was before.

Then it hit. Like a tsunami. Like a earthquake. And like a volcano erupting all at once. Everything went so quick. Tom began to cough and gasp for air. His lungs were failing again.

"SOMEONE HELP. PLEASE!" you screamed as you repeatedly pressed the panic button.

Nurses and doctors rushed in trying to push you out but you resisted against them. He hated it here as it was, you were not going to leave him alone in this place like this.

"Y/N," he managed to croak.

The doctors let you past as they got to work trying to help him breath. You grabbed his hand as your eyes began erupting too. With a waterfall of tears.

"It's gonna be okay, we're gonna get through this and you can go back to make a Ragnorak appearance. They can't have no Loki in It. The fans wouldn't watch It. So just breathe for me baby, breathe," you choked.

He looked at you from the side and weakly smiled. His perfect white toothed smile.

"I-i wa-."

You cut him off.

"No save your breath babe."

Then the doctors and the noise, the smell and the hospital just disappeared, and it felt like it was just you and Tom.

"I want you, to remember, the, the clouds-" he coughed, "I will, always, always, be there Princess. I- I love you."

He took a deep breath and the deadly noise of the constant heart monitor fulled the room. You began to cry even more and buried your head in his lifeless chest, wishing to hear his heartbeat one final time.

"I love you too. Please don't leave me. I know you'll be there but in spirit isn't enough. I need you. PLEASE. DON'T GO!" you began to scream in despair.

The doctors pulled you out and apologised to you. But no apologies made it better. The world just lost a loved treasure and a talented, wonderful man. And you, well you just lost the love of your life.

Please don't kill me! I had to put a sad one in somewhere. I just watched Thor (1) and it made me want to write more.

Loki looked so innocent and young there it made me emotional, as Tom always manages to do.

Even though it was sad and I teared up writing it, I hope you enjoyed it.

Sophie ♡♥♡