Tom-Corner Café

You chucked on your beanie and sneakers before wrapping a scarf around your neck and thick furry coat over the top. Everyone said you were mad. Going to the café almost every morning when it was so cold out that you may as well move to the Arctic. But you loved that little café. Every morning it gave you people to speak to and a perfectly warm cup of coffee to sip on.

Opening the door you wrapped your scarf around you even tighter and then locked it behind you. After walking for about 3 blocks, you got to the little café on the corner. As you walked in the bell above the door rang loudly making all heads turn.

"Morning Y/N," Zoe at the counter smiled.

You made small talk while Zoe made your typical coffee just the way you like it. After you got your coffee, you paid and sat down in your usual booth and placed it on the table before getting out your book. You began reading 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' by Shakespeare. The bell rang again signalling that someone else had entered the cafe however you were to caught up in your book to even look up.

"Tom! I haven't seen you for ages. How are you?" Zoe shouted causing you to look up.

At the counter you saw the most attractive man you've ever seen before but you carried on reading and acted like just looking at him didn't make your heart melt. You got sucked into Shakespeare's beautiful story and didn't even notice Tom walk over to you.

"Is anyone sitting here?" his soothing voice asked.

"Um, no, no one is sitting there," you mumbled.

"Is it okay if I sit here then?"

You nod at him and he placed his cup of tea on the table in front of him.

"Shakespeare huh?" he smiled.

You decided to put the book down and talk to him because right now he seemed like the more interesting option.

"Yeah I love Shakespeare," you suddenly became embarrassed.

"Me too. His work is so tragic yet so beautiful."

Your little voice in your head jumped up and down at the fact that he liked Shakespeare too.

"I know!" You say sounding a bit too excited making Tom chuckle.

"So what's a beautiful girl like you doing here alone, in the freezing cold at 9am on a Sunday?" he asks.

You blush at the compliment hidden in his sentence.

"I come here every week at this time. Just because it's cold doesn't mean I should stop going out."

"I travelled the world for 5 months and so haven't been here for a long time. I don't remember seeing you here before. I would've remembered a girl like you," Tom smirks at you noticing he made you blush.

"I only moved here 4 months ago," you smiled back thinking about the fact that if you had moved here just over a month earlier you could've met Tom before.

You and Tom got caught up in small talk and getting to know each other. So much that Zoe had to come over and fill up your drinks 3 times while putting her thumbs up in a supporting manner every time. Eventually you looked at your watch and gasped at the time.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked looking concerned.

"It's half past 12," you got up and put your scarf back on, "I have a meeting for work in half an hour. I have to go."

Tom stood up too, "How about we meet here again?"

You turn around to look at him and nod, "Next Sunday same time and maybe we can plan another date. I'm sorry I have to go so soon."

Tom steps forward, he grabs your hand and kisses it gently. Your heart melts all over again.

"I can't wait to see you again Y/N."

"You too Tom. Bye Zoe," you smile at them both.

You leave for your meeting with a new found happiness and begin to plan your outfit for next Sunday in your head.

A/N Oh my Lord it took me so long to write such a small update. I'm sorry its so small I just didn't know where else it could really go. Please do give requests for Loki, Tom or even Jonathan if you wish too give me a writing boost. You could submit them in the comments or my message board and I will dedicate the chapter to you.

Also if anyone has any books they would like me to read then let me know and hopefully I can get around to reading them!

Just a little thank you too, this book is soo close to 2K and that is incredible and unfathomable to me so thank you so much for your continuing support. If you do like my writing then please don't hesitate to vote and throw in a random comment about what you thought xx