Tom-Jealousy

Requested

"Y/N!" the loud, booming voice of your best friend and work colleague, Chris Hemsworth shouts. 

"CHRIS!" you run up to him and he grabs you into a giant bear hug. 

"I can't believe we get to work together again! It's been so long since we last saw each other."

You smiled, "I know, it's amazing."

"How are you and Tom doing?" he asks. 

"He's amazing, everything's amazing," you gush. 

Chris laughs, "I knew you'd be incredible together."

"I forgot to thank you for that!"

"For what?"

"Introducing us, obviously."

"I take cash or alcohol for my cupid jobs," he jokes.

"Alcohol it is."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You got home after a long day of shooting, your feet aching from standing so much and your face hurting from laughing so much. You forgot how fun working with Chris. 

"Hey darling, how was your first day?" Tom asks from the sofa. 

"Amazing, I can't wait for you to see this one."

"I can't wait either."

You run upstairs, shower and change before going to leave. You lean over the sofa and kiss Tom on the cheek.

"I'll be back later okay?"

"Where you headed so late?" 

"A drink with Chris," he nodded and smiled a little. 

"Alright, tell him I said hi. Be careful, I love you."

"Love you too."

Opening the door, you find Chris just about to knock the door. You both laugh and he wraps his huge, muscular arm around your neck for you to walk to the bar together. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting home later that night, you pulled a drunken Chris along beside you, struggling under his weight. 

"Y/N where are you taking me this late at night?" Chris joked, which actually came out as more of  a loud, jumbled sentence.

"To my apartment," you laughed too.

"If you wanted me that badly, you shouldn't have let me introduce you to Tom."

You shook your head and decided you couldn't carry Chris all the way home by yourself. Getting out your phone, you rung Tom and used your free arm to hold the phone against your ear. 

After two rings Tom answered, "Y/N! I've been ringing you. Where are you?"

"I know, I'm so sorry but Chris had a bit too much to drink and I've been trying to carry him home but he's heavier than I thought he was."

You heard Tom sigh on the other side of the phone and you frowned knowing he was slightly annoyed. You could imagine him running his hand through his hair. 

"I am not heavy!" Chris shouted from beside you, "I'll have you know without all of this muscle, I'm actually really light."

Whilst you were laughing at Chris, Tom had said something and you didn't catch it. 

"Y/N! Y/N! Can you hear me?"

"Sorry babe, what was that?" you manage to mumble in between laughs. 

You weren't exactly sober yourself and you stumbled as you walked making Chris laugh. 

"Where are you, I'll come and pick you up now?" Tom groaned. 

"Umm," you looked around, "at that chip shop we tried last week, the one with the trainee who didn't know what a pineapple fritta was."

"Wait there," Tom demanded before ending the phone call.

"Someone is in trouble," Chris chuckled. 

"Yes, you if you don't be quiet."

Not long after you and Chris argued with each other, Tom pulled up in front of you. He got out and grabbed Chris' other arm to help him into the car. He opened the door for you in silence and you got in before he shut the door and got into his side.  The drive to Chris' house was silent other than the mumbles of Chris from the back and him giggling at himself. Tom got out and helped him to the door before his wife took over. By the time he had come back to the car you were sobering up and your head was absolutely killing you. 

Tom sat down and slammed his door shut, before turning to face you.

"I thought you said you were having a drink, not many. You both have work tomorrow and I'll have to get up in the morning to wake you on my day off.".

He looked disappointed in you and you sighed. Leaning back, you press your head again the car seat and close your eyes.

"You know what it's like with Chris, one drink leads to another. And another and another-"

"I get the point."

"And I just can't keep up with him."

"You don't need to. Y/N look at me," his tone becomes gentler and you open your eyes slowly, the light hurting your head.

"I never told you this, because I didn't want to seem jealous or clingy but it's every damn time," he whispers now, almost inaudible sounds of insecurity flowing from his lips.

"Chris comes back and for a month or two it's like I don't exist. No, I don't expect you to be there 24/7. You have a job, a life, friends but I know already that if I hadn't picked you up tonight you would've slept at his. You would have gone to work tomorrow, without seeing me, and come home for 30 minutes before going out again. In the two months Chris is here, I feel, invisible."

You let out a breath you hadn't realised you had been holding. All this time, he'd let you go out with Chris and never said a word. Not a word. All because Tom was just too nice and too caring to want to ruin your fun.

"Oh Tom," you mutter, a single tear making its way down the etches of your skin.

"I'm so sorry, I never realised."

He looked out of the window beside you, "why would you? You're too busy getting drunk with him."

"Tom," you reach out and grab his hand, "I love you. And I only love you. No matter how much time I spend with you or with Chris, it will always be you for me. I'm honoured and blessed to call you my boyfriend and yes I get carried away when I see Chris, he does that to people, he drags you into this never ending circle of happiness that you never want to leave. But you are the main source of my happiness. If I knew for a second, that it was upsetting you I wouldn't have left the house. I'm so sorry my love, will you forgive me?"

He looks up at you his eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall and smiles, "of course I can."

"God you're an idiot," you mumble.

"What?" His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"How could you ever think I would prefer to spend more time with anyone other than the man I'd like to spend the rest of my life with?"

A flash of hope ran through his eyes, "you mean that?"

"Yes, I do."

He kisses the top of your hand and turns the key in the ignition.

"Let's go home."

A/N I'm back! It's almost midnight here so this may not be perfect but I had the sudden urge to write something and I have a few imagines lined up I'm excited to write. So thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoyed it ❤