Loki-Trusting the Flame

Y/D/N - Your daughter's name. 

"Come on little Miss, it's your bedtime," you tickled your daughters stomach as she tried to run away from you. 

"No Mummy not yet!" she begged. 

"If you go to bed now then tomorrow we can go and get some ice-cream," you tried your best to persuade her and her dark brown eyes glistened with excitement.

"Promise?" 

You leaned down and wrapped your little finger around her tiny one, "I promise."

She ran into her room and got under the covers within seconds. Smiling, you followed her. Walking over to her bed, you kissed her forehead and tucked her in. You turned on her star nightlight and began to leave her room. 

"Goodnight mummy."

"Goodnight sweetheart, I love you."

Shutting her bedroom door but leaving a little gap so you can hear if she calls you, you go back into the living room in your flat. 

Sitting under the blanket on the sofa, you watched the news that was talking about the 6 months anniversary of the New York attack by Loki the Asgardian God, and there you slowly drifted off to sleep. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Smelling something strange, you leap up out of your sleep and see the sun rising outside of your window. Sniffing the air you smell... smoke? 

Checking your flat you walk into Y/D/N's room and saw that she was playing with her dolls in the corner.

"Morning Princess," you smile. 

"Mummy! Are we eating ice-cweam today?" 

"Of course we are. I promised, mummy just needs to check something so keep playing for a minute okay?"

"But it's breakfast time," she frowned. 

"Two minutes."

You did another check of the flat as the smell got stronger. Walking over to the door you noticed what looked like little wisps of smoke floating in underneath and you quickly unlocked the door. Pulling down the handle, you were hit in the face with a thick, black cloud of smoke and the feeling of strong heat melting your skin. Leaning out of the door, there were flames surrounding your flat and you could hear shouting coming from other rooms. Your fire alarm began blaring and you slammed the door shut making it stop. Panic began rising in your chest and you struggled to catch a breath. 

"Mummy, I'm hungry," Y/D/N was stood by the door of the living room. 

"Okay, sweetie I need you watch some TV for a minute for me please. I need to make a phone call and it's really important. Can you do that for mummy?"

She pouted and you felt your heart break even more in fear. Taking a deep breath you found your phone on the kitchen side and called 999.

"Emergency services, how can I help?"

You let out a deep breath at the woman's relaxing voice. The fire brigade should already be aware and be able to get here before the fire spreads to your apartment.

"I live in the Tower Flats and there's a fire. Please help, it's coming up the hall and there's no way out. My 5 year old daughters here too, please."

The woman senses the panic in your voice and attempts to calm you. 

"There is already a bunch of fire engines on the way to you. They should be there in a few minutes. We assure you, you and your daughter will be safe. Please do not try to leave your flat. What floor are you on?"