26 - Hostages and traitors

- Nobody's POV -

''This is SUCH a drag. Why did I have to come along?'' The genius grumbles.

''Just shut up and let us go to Naruto in silence. He will today die. He's gonna do it with his own free will.'' Nagato said.

''And why's that?'' Shika asked.

''Because if he doesn't we'll kill you.''

Shikamaru rolled his eyes. ''He doesn't care about us. It won't work using me as a hostage.''

''Do you really think that?'' Hidan asked. Shikamaru didn't say anything and just listened.

''He hasn't fight you guys himself, did he? He didn't kill any of you. He cares about you guys, but is too stubborn to show it, or say it. He'll sacrifice himself for someone who is really precious to him. Maybe he holds you and your brat friends close because you were the only ones talking to him. That's just the kind of person he is.'' Nagato said without emotions.

Shikamaru gritted his teeth. They made a point. Naruto is that kind of person. He didn't think of the giant cut in his back anymore, as he started thinking of a plan to escape.

✧ ,,.-~'.›♥‹.'~-.,,✧

''I think we're almost there!'' Sasuke yelled to everyone.

''Yeah this road is familiar,'' Sakura said.

✧ ,,.-~'.›♥‹.'~-.,,✧

When Hidan and Nagato arrived at the Hidden Rain together with Shikamaru, they were thinking about places he could've go.

✧ ,,.-~'.›♥‹.'~-.,,✧

Naruto was looking at the statues of the Dark twin. He still couldn't find out what the language meant. It was so old... Maybe Konoha would know and figure this out, but he couldn't go back to them. They would hate him.

''Naruto, here you are.'' Nagato said as friendly as possible.

Naruto turned around and narrowed his eyes on Hidan, who acted strange.

''That means you guys won from them?'' The blonde asked the two.

''Yeah. But, we found out who the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki is.'' The redhead said with a smirk.

Naruto's eyes widened.

''And that's our confirm. You are it, aren't you? Well then. Let's go to our newest hideout. Surrender, Uzumaki.'' Hidan said.

''I will never!'' He was about to run away when Hidan showed him Shikamaru. He was tied, covered in blood and gagged.

Naruto gritted his teeth when he saw Shikamaru. ''Let him go, he doesn't have to be involved in our business!''

''But now he is. You know, I love his blood. The taste and the look... It's so beautiful...'' Hidan grabbed his scythe and put it against Shika's cheek. He was scared.

Naruto frowned his eyebrows and clenched his fists. ''O-okay! I'll... Surrender. BUT ONLY IF YOU LET HIM GO!''

''So my idea was true. You still love your 'friends' in Konoha. Sure. Hidan, let him go.'' Nagato ordered. He walked towards the blonde, who felt sad. He grabbed his arm and then drugged him.

Shikamaru, who could speak again, looked at Naruto. ''YOU'RE AN IDIOT!'' He yelled at him.

Naruto smiled and then closed his eyes, probably for the last time. Just when Naruto was about to faint, Nagato catched him. ''Sympio. I followed my heart. I don't think this is the right pad to choose. I didn't do what I truly wanted to do. My true self is full of hate, that's true. But inside that true self, is a small heart. Inside it is the love for the people who talked to me, played with me and didn't ignore me. Sympio, in the afterlife... Will I see you again? Giving me a second chance and can we be happy together? Will you... Still follow me?'' Then it was all dark before his eyes.

Nagato pulled off the Akatsuki cloak from Naruto and threw it at Shikamaru. ''Put this on. I would be scared if I saw almost naked man running around.''

Shikamaru did what he said and then left, to go back to his friends.

✧ ,,.-~'.›♥‹.'~-.,,✧

''Hey. Isn't that Shikamaru with an Akatsuki cloak?'' Ino said, a bit confused.

''Wait that means... You've escaped?'' Sasuke said.

''No I didn't. Naruto doesn't feel hatred for us, I just found out. He... Sacrificed himself for me. He's gonna die thanks to me!'' Shikamaru said, not able to concentrate.

Sasuke smiled. He was happy. ''Naruto finally opened his eyes.'' He said.

The pinkette was annoyed. ''Yeah he did. But just a little too late! Come on! Let's get there faster than ever!'' They were all gone with the speed of the wind.

Gaara had tears falling down his cheek. He saved him. He said he didn't feel alone anymore, but deep inside Gaara saw confusion. Now the redhead knows for sure, that his blonde friend wanted to do everything for his friends. Now it's time to return the favor!

Sakura and Sasuke were reading each others thoughts. They could, since they've been teammates since they were Genin. ''Sai may be on our team now, but who was the real third member of team 7?'' Sakura said to Sasuke.

''That was our number 1 knucklehead ninja, who was always able to hide his true feelings and showed us his mask.'' Sasuke said to Sakura.

✧ ,,.-~'.›♥‹.'~-.,,✧

Naruto slowly woke up. He felt dizzy and numb, but he didn't care. It was too late to complain anyway. He was going to die, but he didn't care. He saved one of his friends, and finally found his answer. To know who really were his friends. He was chained to a wall. He was in a dark cage. There was no light. He sighed and then got to his mindscape.

He saw his fox staring angry at him. Also, he saw tears coming from his bloody red eyes. ''Kit. I truly hate you.'' He said after some time. The blonde boy sighed.

''I'm an idiot, I know.''

''YOU'RE NOT AN IDIOT! YOU'RE WORSE! YOU PROMISED ME SOMETHING, REMEMBER! I HATE YOU!!'' Kurama's anger was boiling inside him.

''You have your reasons for hating me, I have mine.'' Naruto said.

''What's that?'' The kyuubi turned away.

''If I'd only realised sooner that I was bringing us trouble, big time this time, I would've never done this. And... I realised too late who were my real friends.''

''Yeah well... You didn't listen to me. It's your own fault. And thanks to your real friends, you're captured. What is the meaning behind the word anyway?'' Kurama mumbled, but Naruto could hear it.

''The meaning of the word?''

''Yeah. You suddenly say you know what it means. But now, be honest with me- do you really know it?''

Naruto looked away. ''I... I don't know I guess...''

''That's right. You don't know the word. Because it's a lie. True friends don't excist. I have none. Except for you. And you have none, except for me. We are no friends, we are family. That's because I live inside of you. I'm a part of you.''

''Family huh...''

''Naruto, I think we have to be quick. I sense someone coming. They're probably ready for the extracting.''

Naruto ran to his fox and hugged one of his tails thightly. ''No! Kurama! You can't go! I'm not letting you!''

Kurama looked at his blonde. ''You idiot. Don't make things even harder than they already are. I don't want to loose you now. But... Someday I'll join you. I'll be your Kyuubi again. But not in this life. Promise me you will become my Jinchuriki again?''

Naruto sighed and let go of him. ''I...I promise...''