10 - Moonlight

- Nobody's POV -

Sympio tried to hide her pain. She was waiting for her poison to fix it up, but the poison didn't. The brunette didn't know why it didn't work.

''Why doesn't my poison do anything? Normally, it will be fixed up by now..''

Naruto and Suigetsu were watching her.

The brunette grabbed her scythe and looked at it. Then she was touching with her finger the top of the scythe.

The boys didn't know what she was planning to do.

Sympio took a deep breath and stabbed herself in her stomach, she was bleeding heavily. The brunette cought up blood.

''What the heck?'' Suigetsu stared at her.

''Why did you do that?!'' Naruto asked.

''I want to see what's wrong with my poison.'' She said without emotions.

''And that's the reason you stabbed yourself?! You're insane!!'' The boy said.

''Maybe I am. But I can't think of another way to find out what's happening with it.'' She stared at her blood. ''I see. Your kick scattered the poison all over my body, and now it has to become one again, before it can heal me.'' She said.

''So your poison is one big mass..'' The water boy said, interested.

''You can put it that way.'' Sympio smiled.

Kabuto and Orochimaru arrived, looking at the half dead Sympio.

''What happened here?'' Kabuto asked.

''Long story short, Naruto's hatred showed up, kicked Sympio, clashed against me, Naruto took control again, Sympio wasn't recovering like she usually does, she stabbed herself to find out why.'' Suigetsu said.

Orochimaru smirked. ''Stabbed yourself in your stomach? You've got some nerve.''

''I don't feel any pain at all. So it isn't a big deal.'' She answered.

The snake rolled his eyes.

Kabuto walked to Sympio and sat down next to her. ''Let me take a look at it. I can heal the hole a little..'' He put out his hands and started to healing her.

''Thanks Kabuto. Do you maybe have some bandages?'' She asked him.

''Yeah I have some.'' He grabbed a bandage and wrapped it up around her. ''That should do it for now.'' He said satisfied. 

Sympio rolled her eyes. ''Let's go, I don't want to waste any more time.'' She tried to stand up, but it didn't work. ''Damn.'' She whispered.

''I'm going to help you. Those Leaf ninja could be close by now..'' Suigetsu said, while walking to Sympio. He picked her up. ''Hold on thight, we're going to tree jump again.'' He said.

Sympio nodded, while blushing heavily.

Suigetsu chuckled. No need to be shy. It's just what friends do.

Sympio closed her eyes and decided to enjoy her break.

time skip

''It's getting dark.'' Naruto said.

''Then let's find a place to sleep.'' Suigetsu said, smiling.

''No way! We lost too much time! I want to continue!'' Sympio said, a bit annoyed.

Kabuto and Orochimaru agreed with Suigetsu.

They went to a little village with only 10 inhabitants. There was one inn, they went to sleep there.

It was 2 AM, when Naruto went to a small river near the village. He looked at his reflection in the water, thinking about what he was doing, if it was the right decision. He closed his eyes a bit. He heard footsteps coming towards him. He didn't tell the person to go away. He wanted someone to come to him, to help him.

''Can't sleep too, huh..'' A girl in a purple dress said, leaning against a tree while looking at the sky.

Naruto turned around, looking at her. The moonlight was shining on her face. ''Sympio..'' He whispered.

Sympio looked at him, she was smiling softly at him. He blushed a little. ''No. You can't either?'' He asked, walking up to her.

''No.'' She said. ''So.. What are you thinking about, you had a sad look on your face..''

''I don't know... If I should continue.. I have been thinking.. About Konoha.. And everyone..'' He looked at the ground.

Sympio closed her eyes. ''Follow your heart. Do what you think is the right thing to do. I'm sure you make the right decision. And no matter what happens, I'll be at your side.''

Naruto gasped. ''Those words.. So familiar..That man from when I was little used to say that all the time to me..''

She caressed his hair. Naruto gasped and his eyes widened, but then he saw the Brunette smiling and he smiled too, while closing his eyes.

They didn't know that Suigetsu was watching them.

''Naruto..'' Sympio said.

Naruto opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around her. Now it was Sympio's turn to blush. The stars were brighter then ever. ''Sympio.. Don't leave me.. Please..'' He said.

Sympio's eyes widened. ''Don't worry, I won't.. I promise.''

Naruto letted go of Sympio. They were both looking at the stars. They didn't say anything anymore.

Suigetsu smiled, and was going to the inn.

Sympio fell asleep. ''Seems like you have some sleep after all..'' Naruto whispered.

Naruto sighed and stared at her. ''You're pretty when you're asleep, you know..''

He stroked her cheek. ''I hope you have a nice dream...''

He had his arms behind his head, as a pillow. He fell asleep as well.