Liebe - 46

Lukas.

It's worth it. It is damn right worth it. I needed to remind myself that all this was worth it, for Antonella. Insecurity was getting to me ; what if Antonella and i weren't going to work out ? I have been disowned by my father and I allowed it because of a girl whom I have only been acquainted to for a few months. Doubt was seeping through my thoughts, i tried avoiding these thoughts but it was getting to me. Ofcause I love her but do I even know what love is... I'm not sure. Well I love her because I have never felt this way about anyone ; it definitely must be love.

"Lukas ?" Marian broke me away from my thoughts.

"Marian ?" I stood up from my seat to greet him, it had been a while.

"Are you okay ?" He questioned as he took a seat facing towards me.

"Super great ! why wouldn't I be ?" I said nonchalantly.

"Your mother is worried, she hasn't heard a word from you for over a week now. Where have you been sleeping ? What have you been eating ? Are you alright ?" He questioned with a worried solemn look that almost made me want to laugh.

"Too many questions." I laughed taking a sip from my Starbucks coffee, it was the cheapest on the menu and sure as hell I wasn't used to this lifestyle but for Antonella i would give anything. "To answer the first question, I'm sleeping at my old suite...Jaden and Anwar landed me some few bucks but I know I have to work out something soon enough." He gave me a nod, i hated when people pitied me for fucks sake.

"I guess that pretty much answers all your questions right ?" I didn't intend for it to come as rude as it did but whatever.

"Luke you are throwing away everything for this girl, is she worth it ?" He asked me the same damn question my brain was asking me a few minutes ago but my heart always had the same definite answer.

"Yes, she is worth it." I smiled. " Marian." I added.

"Does she know that you are going through all this for her ?" He asked and I let an exasperated sigh. "No !"

"She should so she can help you." He added.

"Marian, i don't want anyone's pity...okay ? definitely not from my girl. I don't want to worry her with nonsense and I don't want her to feel like I'm using her. Right now I need a job that's what would be helpful damn it !"

"You know you can always stay at my place once your hotel reservation expires." He mutters.

"Thanks, i will think about it." I run my fingers through my messy hair.

"When I was coming in here I saw a job opening, did you try it ?" He added.

"No but thanks let me do that right now." I got up from my sit and he abruptly stood up as well.

"You have never worked a day in your life, do you think it's a good idea ?" He stopped me by putting his arm on my shoulder. I wondered how someone could care so much about me. . .

"I need a job, Marian." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You are like a brother to me, i have known you since you were nine and it breaks my heart to see you throwing away your life like this." He mumbled.

"Marian, thanks but I'm not changing my mind. I feel like Nella is the one." I continued to make my way to the counter. The coffee shop wasn't so bad, i guess survive for a while.

"I will call you if I need anything." I pushed him towards the door and he nodded even though I sounded cold towards him. I really some how appreciated Marian in every way possible.

"Hi, can I help you ?" a girl with big brown eyes, long think untidy hair asked. She wasn't attractive although she had a cute smile and a fair complexion. What stood out the most about her was her weight, as a gentleman I think it would be polite to say, she was chubby and rather not use the word 'fat'.

"I saw there's a job opening outside and-" she immediately cut me off.

"But you are Lukas Rieger, you don't need a job." She replied in a bored tone. "There are some people out there who are struggling and really need this job." She waved me off, i was surprised she knew whom exactly I was but didn't give me the usual praise.

"I need this job actually." I cleared my throat not wanting anyone around here to here me beg, sure as hell it would end up on the front page of the top newspaper in Berlin.

"Why here of all places ?" She shook her head making me even more aggravated with her idiotic behavior.

"My father kicked me out of the house, i have no allowance and I'm strictly broke and I will be homeless with a week when my hotel reservation expires." I whisper yelled.

"What makes you think that I will believe your sob story ?" She said ineptly.

"Because-" i was about to explain when a man who looked to be in his late thirties showed up.

"Hanna, how many times do i have to tell you not to dispute any of the customers here... especially not him." He whispered the last part with a tight smile.

He had an unusual dressing like he had recently time travel led from the seventies. He had bushy eyebrows and dark brown eyes, curly brown hair with a permanent cowlick, average height, thin arms and thin legs...his appearance all in all was not so graceful, overall he didn't sound or look German.

"He is looking for a job. Can you believe it ?" The chubby girl whom I had learnt had the name Hanna.

"Really, Hello Lukas." The man shifted his gaze towards me. " I'm the manager Jakub Bartosz Turovsky but you can call me Jack or Jakub or Jay Jay..." He shook my hand proudly grinning from ear to ear.

"Right I'm-"

"You are Lukas Rieger ofcause, the Senator's one and only son." He finished my sentence although I wasn't going to mention the last part.

"You must be Polish." I infused his confidence.

"Yes yes how did you know ?" He laughed a little too loud for my own liking, Hanna seemed annoyed.

"Your name and the accent." and you horrible dressing I added in my head.

"Right, i thought maybe my Deutsches was horrible." He sighed.

"Not at all." I lied, his German wasn't all so great, the word order wasn't the greatest either.

"Follow me to my office, Lukas." He chuckled lightly. I immediately made my way through the counter till to the bakery's kitchen where there were a few people working and laughing in a carefree manor until we made it down to his small cramped office.

Vote Comment
been a while