Liebe - 23

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty." ~ Irish proverb.

Lukas.

"Don't ever disappear on me like that jou gat ." Anwar said with haste after releasing me from that hug.

"Here we go again, with your Dutch. " I rolled my eyes.

"We have been friends for four years and you still can't muster a word in Dutch but it's funny how I can even speak German." Anwar scoffed, the music was still loud and blasting. I think I spotted some girls that would be good for tonight but anyway it felt good to be back to the real me. My father would be furious but I didn't care.

"Do I have to remind you that you have been staying in Berlin for six years ; you were bound to speak it." I added as we sat on the pool chairs outside the mansion. The wind blowing through my hair, I felt relieved I had forgotten how stuffed parties could be at times. It rigged of alcohol and weed. The pool area wasn't as full as inside which I was glad.

"Here..." Anwar handed me a beer. Heineken just the way I like it.

" Thanks man." I muttered. There was comfortable silence for a while before he finally spoke.

"You good ?"

"I'm Super actually." I said gulping down the sour liquid that makes me feel at ease but definitely not like weed. It's more satisfying.

"I thought your old man didn't want you to hang out with me no more." He said looking at the pool that had a few people but there wasn't much noise, it was loud enough for us to hear each other.

"Who listens to him anyways..." I shrugged.

"But I have to say your sense of clothing has deteriorated." He chuckled inhaling and exhaling the cigar he had in hand; I couldn't help but laugh along with him. It's true after the coma, clothes were the least of my concern and hoody's and ripped jeans then throw in vans were my type of dressing. Of course my father would beg to differ as he loves seeing me in formal clothing.

"How has been the past year for you ?" He asked with remorse in his eyes as he continued smoking... I took a gulp before responding.

"If being locked in a bloody hotel with Marian to inspect me, is good then It has been fucken splendid. " I faked a British accent my words dripping with sarcasm.

"That's a whole nother level of fucked up." He said stepping on his cigar.

"Tell me about it." I shrugged.

"Look Lukas...I'm sorry-" I cut him off.

"It wasn't your fault Anwar, I had the choice to stop but I didn't so fuck yeah it's the past who cares anyways..." I gulped down my beer in one sip.

"Things could have been different though. .." He replied.

"Its happened. It happened. Now can we forget it because I came here to party with my best friend not talk to a therapist. I have certainly had enough of that shit, it gets old."

"I'm glad you are back Lukinator."

"Likewise Steenkamp." I smirked before saying..."Anwar ?"

"Sup..." He replied.

"Well come to think of it." I paused reminiscing the past events that included a certain brown haired girl that made me feel things I thought I could never feel.

"Hey !!" Anwar playfully hit my arm. "Fuck you." I replied rubbing my arm.

"Shut up cock sucker and tell me what you wanted to say ?" He said with a hint of sarcasm.