Liebe - 44

"For two people to please one another they must be very nearly alike, so that they may understand each other, and slightly different, so that they may have something to understand in each other." ~ Diane

Lukas.

"I'm sorry sir but your card has declined." She slid the black master card back but how..?

"Try again, I'm sure it's just some glitches." I said with an assuring smile.

"No sir. I have already did more than six times so I suggest you pay for the hotel bill in cash." She gave a fake smile batting her fake eyebrows.

Oh fuck. I had never in my life had to look at the price of anything.

As I looked at the paper, i knew I didn't have that type of money in my wallet. My father would know what to do so I slid my phone out to call him and let him know that my card wasn't working.

"Morning father." I tried sounding as nice as possible as I remembered our last meeting.

"Lukas." Was all he said.

"I'm having a problem with my bank account can you please have it checked out because I need to pay for my hotel bill." I spoke looking at the receptionist who had a disapproving look as she typed away.

"Yes about that. I froze all your asserts so you will now stand on your own two feet."

"What what ? I'm only nineteen and I don't have a job." I raised my voice running back and fourth in the reception area of the hotel.

"You should have thought about that before you embarrassed me and the Fischers by your headline."

This is what it's about.

"Go and apologise to the Fischers and convince them the marriage will go on then I will return your asserts." He said in a monotonous voice.

"By the way son, learn how to catch a taxi from now on because your car and the drivers will not attend to you anymore." With that the line went dead. This cannot possibly be happening, i chuckled. I'm just blowing all this out of proportion, i need to calm down and think straight.

You are penniless.

What no.

You never liked your father's corruption money.

I never said that.

Now you can prove him wrong.

But I need money, i can't possibly survive a lifetime without my luxuries better yet will Antonella still find me attractive when I'm all penniless, Homeless and ...

"Sir, when will you be paying the bill. It's still connected with the one of three months ago ?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm..--" i was about to speak when her reception phone rang.

"Good morning, Calton Ritz-Hotel. How may I help you ?" She bellowed at least this gives me enough time to think.

You should just apologise, it can't be that hard Luke.

And Marry her hell no.

Then ask Anwar or Jaden to borrow you a few thousand bucks.

What no. I have never had to ask for money if there was anyone splashing money, it would be me.

Then you will see who your true friends are.

"Very well sir. Have a great day." She ended her call.

"Uhm sir. No worries your father just covered the bill for the last three months as well as a bill for the following month. He said it will buy you time to look for a place to stay. Have a great day sir." She faked a smile. "Hi Ma'am how may I help you ?" She asked the lady who was beside me then I quickly retreated.

What was i going to do.

Apologise.

Yes, that's what I need to do.

Then no more Antonella.

No.

Antonella.

"Please tell me what happened ? Why she left me ?" I asked my father as he approached me sitting on my bed.

"This is hard for me too and when the time is right, I let you know everything you need to know...Nella." He whispered. I had never in my life seen my father so vulnerable. He held my hands in his and said "Give me sometime, then I will let you know...okay ?" He said under his breath, his always sparkling blue eyes always seemed to sparkle but at this moment it was filled with pain and darkness. After what Ms. Rose said on the phone maybe I should be considerant and give him some time because it must be just as hard for him as it is for me.

"Okay but tell me how she was or is-" i stopped thinking if she is alive or dead argh I will deal with that later like he said I should give him time.

"Pa, just describe her and how you met..." I sat crossing my legs but I couldn't because I was still sore from-- this was so inappropriate considering my father was sitting right in front of me. What would my father do, if he found out I was sleeping with the Senator's son ? I didn't even want to find out but all I know is...I would be back home before I know it.

"Well she is alot like you." He smiled probably reminiscing, i gave him an encouraging smile something bad must have really happened if my almighty father could be broken just by the saying of her name.

"She was very calm, sweet and she loved history--" He paused. "So I wasn't surprised when you started liking it too."

"I found it boring but whenever she would tell it to me, i found it interesting."

I inwardly smiled.

"She said if she ever had a baby the name would be Antonella or Antonio because she loved Queen Marie Antoinette from French Revolution."

"So how did you see each other if it was restricted?" I asked.

"She worked as a maid and I would always insist she visit my room."

"Pa, stop stop stop..." I giggled throwing a pillow at him.

"Okay fine but she had the most beautiful body even though it was hidden in those hideous dresses." He chuckled. " I miss those dresses." He muttered under his breath and it fell silent.

"She was involved in alot of activists activities time like the Black Consciousness Movement...she always saw the best scenario of everything."

"She was involved in the BCM ?" I asked clearly dump founded is that how she died or maybe got killed no it can't that was way before I was even born.

"Her family?" I blurted out.

"She lived with her Father who worked in the mines and her two brothers in Soweto" I have two uncle's. "I remember this one time when I had to lie that she stole, just so I could see her." He's smile faded.

"And when we would walk in the street we would have to walk far apart on either side not to raise suspicions."

"That must have been hard." I said with a frown, i can't imagine myself having to go through that for Lukas suddenly Amanda and Leanne batched in.

"Morning Nella and Mr. Le Roux you are up early." Mandy said.

"Well let me leave you girls." My father stood up giving me a peck on my temple.

As soon as he closed the door my two best friends jumped on my bed. "I already have my dessert." Leanne imitated Lukas's broad voice.

"Guys stop." I covered my faced with a pillow.

"Anwar's parents are downstairs, they just got here so we didn't want to intrude." Amanda said in a more serious tone.

"It's okay." I grinned.

"Someone was freshly fucked huh ?" Leanne smirked.

"In the shower actually..." I stuck my tongue out making them to both burst out laughing.

Vote Comment

I will write a prologue for Antonella's parents love story so we get a clear picture it will be called South African Rendezvous or Apartheid Rendezvous.♧ 30 chapters maximum.

Thanks for the support.