Chapter Sixteen: Concern and Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"That is normal when he's this far along." The Doctor interrupted, not waiting for you to finish.

"Well, is black ooze coming from his eyes normal?" You queried and The Doctor went silent.

"No." He stated bluntly, "That has never happened with any other patient."

"Lovely." You said sarcastically, trying to mask your heightened anxiety.

"Tell me about Dark's behavior these past few days." He instructed and so you did. You told him everything, excluding the whole Dark violating your mind thing.

"Huh. Darkiplier's symptoms shouldn't have presented like that." The Doc sounded truly stumped and fascinated.

"Is he still gonna be able to be released at the end of the week?" You hoped he would give you a simple yes and end this nightmare.

"I am unsure. Check back in with me on the seventh day." He stated, sounding eager to get off the phone with you.

"Okay." You remembered what you needed to tell Mark, "Can you give me back to Mark?"

"Sure thing." The Doctor said and you heard some muffled noises before Mark was back.

"There's something you should know." You said, standing still in the kitchen now, your heart beat picking up. Even talking about him was giving you anxiety.

"Okay?" He said, sounding relatively calm.

"Dark let Warfstache out." You whispered, fearing that if you said Warfstache enough, he might appear. Mark fell silent and you were about to ask if he was still there.

"I'll take care of it." He sounded pissed.

"Don't unseal the bunker until Dark's back to normal. We need him on board." You absolutely could not allow Warfstache to escape.

"I know." He growled, "Like I said, I'll take care of it." With that, he hung up.

You felt a weight lifted off your chest now that Mark knew about your situation here. He didn't know about what Dark had done to you, but that wasn't the most important thing on the agenda.

A nagging feeling told you that you should talk to Dark. He seemed to be quite anxious, which was better than his usual irritated/furious mood. Also, the goop dripping from his eyes was pretty concerning as well.

You walked down to Dark's room, listening to the sound of your feet on the concrete floor. You were now debating on talking to him, due to the fact that he wasn't in the best state of mind. Even though he hadn't seemed inclined to hurt you, he has been known to lash out pretty easily.

"Where do you think you're going, missy?" Wilford stood, leaning against the wall next to Dark's closed door. You debated on turning around and leaving him be, but you also didn't want Wilford to feel like he could stop you. You tried to brush past him, but he stepped in your way.

"Move." You said bluntly, glaring at him. He chuckled at your attempt to be intimidating and stood his ground.

"Awe," He smirked, "You're adorable when you're angry." You have never so badly wanted to beat the shit out of someone in your entire life. One day Warfstache will pay.