Chapter 26:I could lend you broken parts

Harry's POV

"Where is Liam?" Paul was asking around and no one offered him an answer.

"Niall, where's Liam?" Paul asked catching the little guy unaware. Liam had gone to the hospital, but had asked uz to cover for him. He said he didn't know when he'd be back and that we should just go on without him.

"He should be around here somewhere" Niall shrugged, but Paul wasn't buying.

"You lads better speak up or else I gonna go looking for him" he warned. Niall looked at me and I looked back at him my face a blank. We had dozens of interviews and then we had a talk show to do. We were hoping that Liam would join uz sometime after the first few, but we weren't sure. He didn't know how long the tests would take and said he'd be away indefinitely.

"Okay lads this is no game, we have to go. So I'm asking for the last time. Where the hell is Liam?!" Paul growled and we all knew he meant business.

"At the hospital" Niall mumbled under his breath.

"Aww c'mon he's supposed to be the sensible one" he was looking around now, coming up with some sort of plan.

"Ok boys get in the van and I'll go get Liam" he ordered.

"No Paul, you can't get Liam!" Louis interjected.

"Yeah he's uh noht there just to visit Isabella" Zayn explained.

"Then why is he in the hospital?" Paul asked turning to me. Apparently it was my turn to speak.

"He's going for some tests" I said looking at Louis to make sure I'd said the right thing.

"A doctor's appointment?" Paul asked narrowing his eyes at uz.

"Yes, yes he said he'll catch up with uz later. Now can we go we're gonna be late" Louis said quickly ushering all of uz out of the house.

"Alberto, you go see if Liam's okay and bring him over when he's done" Paul instructed and we all piled into the SUV worried for our mate.

"Nice work lads" Louis high-fived all of uz once we were on our way.

"I hope Leeyum's okeh" Zayn said his concern showing.

"He'll be alright bro" I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Everyone act normal" Louis instructed as we arrived at our first interview.

Isabella's POV

'And when you feel no saving grace, I'm on my way'

"Hey babe" he kissed me and then sat down on the chair looking a little pale.

"Li are you alright?" I asked reaching for his hand even though my body ached so badly.

"Yeah of course I am" he gave my hand a squeeze and then brought it up to his lips. I looked at his arm and noticed there was a piece of cotton wool taped to the inside of his arm. "Liam what happened?" he followed my eyes and then shrugged.

 "I went to get tested"

 "What for?"

 "Uhmm..."

 "Liam, did you get tested to see if you were a match?"

 "Yeah I did?"

 "Why?"

 "Cause you need a donor" he said simply.

 "And I will get one"

 "Iz I could be that person-"

 "No Liam. I can't take your kidney, I just can't!"

 I had a feeling he would do this, but even if he was a match there was no way I was taking his kidney. I just couldn't, not with everything he'd been through because of it.

 "It's my kidney and I can decide what I do with it" he said giving me that look that meant he'd made up his mind.

 "Li you've lived without the use of a kidney for nineteen years. And now you're perfectly healthy and live a normal life. Why would you pass that up?"

 "My life could never be normal without you in it" he said, and I was just about to say those words I knew he'd been waiting to hear for so long, when Alberto walked in.

 "Liam you ready to go?"

 "Yeah mate"

 He kissed me on the forehead and walked out.