Chapter 18:I'm half a heart without you

Harry's POV

"Give it up for Liam everybody!" Louis cheered so Liam smiled and waved. First genuine smile I'd seen in days.

 "How are you guys doin, everyone ok at the back?" I don't know if the girls knew it but this was Liam functioning on auto pilot. It was our first show of the 'Where We Are Tour' and we were all pumped up as usual. But there was a certain sadness coming from the Payno that was oozing on to all of uz. Louis was trying his best to keep the mood light, but there's only so much a man can do. Everything was all good and lively when we did the upbeat songs like little black dress and midnight memories. But the moment it got to the sentimental ones like You and I, Little things, and Through the dark, I knew the water works were gonna start. I mean it’s hard enough to keep ourselves together when nothing's wrong.

So, Zayn and Louis had this plan of something really nice to do for Liam and Isabella and it was about time. Things were getting all awkward and that's like never the case with uz. It would've been nice if we could fly Isabella out to the show or something cause we were still in the UK, but unfortunately we couldn't. We'd asked Dr Sullivan, but he'd refused. So it was back to the drawing board. But luckily for uz Louis always has something up his sleeve. And it was all engines go for plan B. I just hope it all works out.

Isabella's POV

'There's nowhere left to fall when you reach the bottom'

What I did was hard yeah, but the days that followed were nothing short of torture. Gerard was with me so that was good, but he wasn't Liam. And I hadn't told him the seriousness of my condition. Like I said, I just didn't want to worry him. He'd probably freak out if he knew I was dying and needed a donor. And that was the last thing I wanted.

 "Ok Iz, we have got to do something, like go to the Ferris wheel" he half suggested half begged.

 "Gerry, you know I only have a weekend pass" I laughed.

 "Yeah I know, and that means we havta make the most of it"

 "No it means I've gotta take it easy or else they'll keep me in hospital forever"

 "Forever?" he seemed concerned at that and I tried to calm his fears.

 "It was just and exaggeration, chill out ok"

 "Ok, so can we go?"

 "Fine, maybe we can go tomorrow" I laughed.

 "Good, now go get all pretty. We're getting you out of this dungeon" he said loud enough for the patients in the next ward to hear.

***********

"Yeah I'll see you there" I heard Gerard whisper. He was on the phone with someone and he obviously didn't want me to hear the conversation. He had gone outside of the room just to answer it and he'd been whispering the whole time, which is weird cause Gerard is not really a very quiet guy. He came back in slipping his phone into his back pocket.

 "Who was that?" I asked just because I knew he didn't want to tell me.

 "Oh just this guy I'm helping out" he mumbled and then picked up my bag.

 "All set princess?" he asked also grabbing the vase of flowers from my bedside, the same flowers Liam had bought me.

 "Yes, let's get outta here" I said in my best American accent.