Chapter 24:I love you still

Isabella's POV

'I found out nothing comes without a cost and life was just a game we've lost'

With just a week to go and no donor I was beginning to lose hope. Both my parents and my aunty had gotten tested and none of them were a match.

 "What happens if you don't get a donor in time?" Charlotte asked. She's my friend from work, remember?

 "Then I die I guess" I shrugged.

 "Bella I'm serious"

 "I am too"

 She looked at me speechless for a moment. And then I saw tears fill in her eyes as she reached for my hand.

 "Oh Iz..."

 "It's okay, I'll find a donor don't worry" I squeezed her hand trying to comfort her. I put on my brave face and tried to be strong cause I knew she wasn't, but the moment she left I just broke down. I'd been telling myself to stay positive, but this was the end of the line. I had roughly a week to live and here I was all alone in a hospital bed. I hadn't seen Liam all week cause they had work so I was running low on strength. There was nothing good on telly so I decided to just go to sleep. My body felt like crap anyway.

Liam's POV

I got her room pretty excited to see her, but she was asleep. She looked so peaceful, yet extremely pale. Her once full cheeks were now gone and in its place was a rather bony face. I bent down and kissed her gently on the forehead. I set the box of chocolates down on the bedside table and then lay down next to her. Her hair had grown out quite a bit and was starting to curl at the bottom. I moved one of the locks intending to kiss her neck, but something caught my eye. It was a chain with a name plate on it. I gently picked it up to see what was written on it and she started to stir and slowly her eyes fluttered open. I had however managed to read the name and it was Jay. I hadn't seen her wearing this before and I made a mental note to ask her about it at a later stage.

"Hey" she smiled up at me and I felt my blood pressure go up a notch.

"Hi beautiful" I kissed her softly.

"I thought you weren't gonna make it?" she propped herself up on one arm and the width of her arm scared me. There wasn't any meat on just bone.

"I couldn't stay away"

"Liam I'm thirsty"

"Ok lemme get you some water" I got up about to pour her some from the jug that stood on the table, but she stopped me.

"I can't" she said in a weak voice.

"Oh..."

"Yeah I've already met my quota" she laughed, but I didn't. All she's allowed to drink is basically two sips of water per day. That's how bad it's gotten. I sat down on the chair beside her bed with my elbows rested on the bed and my chin resting on my hands.

"How'd you feel babe?" I asked.

"Not good Li, everything hurts"

That was the first time she'd answered like that and I had no idea what to say.

Isabella's POV

"Time is running out" I sighed. I hated to do this to him, but he was the only one I could be completely honest with.

"How long?" he asked looking into my eyes.

"A week"

He took my hand in his and started playing with my fingers as we spoke. I didn't have much strength and my voice came out in whispers.

"You're gonna be fine, we'll find a doner" he said it with so much conviction that I believed every word.

"I know...” I smiled.

"So I was wondering...."

"Yeah?"

"If you'd like to go dancing, when you're feelin op t it of course"

"Get outta this place..." I smiled at the thought.

"Yeah, I'll speak to Doctor Sullivan..."

"I'd like that"

He was smiling too and for a moment I forgot about the pain. He leaned in and gently kissed me on the forehead.

"You should get some sleep"

I nodded and he slowly stood op.

"Li.."

"Babe"

"Don't go" I begged.

"I'm not going anywhere" he sat down again on the side of my bed. And I closed my eyes as he held my hand tightly and brought it to his lips.