Jack

How are you?

Ceci

I'm ok, I got myself in another band.

The Zug Islands.

It's a good distraction.

Also, booked a couple of nights in Miami in February.

My friend Barb and her son and me and Isaac.

Jack

That all sounds great. The Zug Islands is such a good name. Why didn't someone think off that before?

[Photo: Jack and his client in the newspaper--REDACTED]

The Press is not too bad for us.

On your trip to Miami, particularly if you are going by private jet, I am available as chef, food-tester, oil boy, whatever. My lack of skill is made up for by a can-do attitude!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Jack

Finished it.

Ceci

Oh, this is a puzzle for pros! Nice work. I finished my middle school puzzle last night.

How many pieces, 2000?

Jack

S.O.B.! It's only 1000 pieces. Took me a month. You did 2000 in two days.

I feel impotent.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Jack

Jason's case is set for sentencing (he was threatening to chop off his friend's head with an ax).

And a new job opportunity for a judgeship just opened!

But mostly I'm just wondering how your jigsaw puzzle worked out.

Ceci

I just cracked it open.

Woo hoo, party!!

Good puzzle! Thanks! Really nice quality too. It took an hour and half. I'm thinking this will be a good airplane puzzle. Started liking the shapes more and more too.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Jack

We just convinced Jason's friend (the guy who almost got his head chopped off) to show up for sentencing and ask the Court for leniency!

Yeah, Baby!! I think I'm on fire, man! I know MC Hammer is outdated, but I'm pretty sure I could redo his video right now, "🎼CAN'T TOUCH THIS!🎶 AX VICTIM WANTS PROBATION! CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!🎵"

Ceci

Lol!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Jack

Big snow storm.

Skipping work.

Skiing.

You ask, "Why? That seems irresponsible. And by the way, Jack, what is the meaning of life?"

Breathe deep. Dig the vibe. The answers are all in the snow.

In Colorado, big snow is sacred and the advent of a religious holiday.

Some of the most wise and pious among us preach that skiing big snow is like having sex with your very best partner. Not first time sex with your best partner. More like third time sex, after the kinks and awkwardness have been worked out, and you're both comfortable, limber, and really ready to burn it down.

And the background music to this exquisite snow passion sounds like your most favorite song of all time, which is still new and fresh, and you can't wait to dance to it. And it sounds so good that if you were at a club and heard the first notes, you would leap onto the lighted dance floor electrified by the music, every volt and amp of each beat arcing from your feet, up along your spine, and out through whirling arms and fingertips, discharging like lightning bolts into the air.

And while listening to this euphoric music and loving your favorite partner, you are flying through clouds, over waves, skimming across glades, and darting through trees. 

This is how some of the solemn priests of our religion describe skiing fresh, deep snow. But the problem with this description is that it is still too understated, not joyful enough, too gloomy.

To really know the full ecstasy of skiing powder, imagine everything that is scary turns into pillows and stuffed animals. Imagine everything and everyone who can bug you are too far away to find you. They don't even know where to look. Imagine you get to decide all things and your choices are (1) Fun & Pleasure, or (2) Pleasure & Fun. Imagine your face covered with your goofiest smile, and you laugh out loud for no reason, like an idiot. Imagine yourself saying, "There really is a Heaven, and I'm in it." Imagine all that and then throw in flying sex with your best partner, to your favorite song, and you will begin to know the joy of skipping work and skiing on a powder day.  Hallelujah!!!

And to answer to your question about, "what is the meaning of life?" I have no idea. Not a clue. But I believe we may find it, Ceci, if we go out together "into the deep, deep snow" (The Snowy Day, Ezra Jack Keats).

 But I believe we may find it, Ceci, if we go out together "into the deep, deep snow" (The Snowy Day, Ezra Jack Keats)

Jack

New client coming in tomorrow. Something about buried prostitutes.

[⭐Vote⭐ for SNOW!! Love, Ceci & Jack]

Photo 1: Gustav Klimt, Adele Bloch-Bauer I, used with permission, copyright Eurographics, Inc., 1981.

Photo 2: Loveland Pass, Colorado, taken and owned by authors, 2016.