Chapter 23

Chapter 23 – Where are the Lost Boys?

Emelle’s POV

I felt a sudden jolt, followed by someone jumping up and down on top of the bed.

“What’s going on?”  I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see my little Kyle shaking Peter to wake him up. 

Peter quickly sat up, almost smacking Kyle in the head. 

“Whoopsies,” Kyle giggled, “Sorry mummy.” 

“Mummy?” Peter began, “What the fu-” I quickly slapped my hand across Peter’s mouth.  No way was he going to swear in front of my little boy. 

“Peter?  Can I please call Emelle my mummy?” 

Peter gave me a bewildered expression.  I nodded, hopefully signaling that I knew what Ky was talking about.  I pleaded with my eyes, telling Peter to agree with Kyle. 

“Uh… Why would you call her your mummy?  Isn’t Emelle good enough?”  Peter asked with an amused expression.  Oh no Peter, please don’t tease Kyle. 

“Of course Emelle is good enough!  She’s just so similar to my mummy and it’s… it’s just that… I miss her.”  Kyle said quietly. 

I quickly pulled Kyle on to my lap, stroking his hair while he silently cried.  I glared at Peter. 

“So you consider her like family?”  Peter asked. 

Kyle nodded.  “I love Emelle,” Ky said in his adorable childish voice.  I kissed the top of his head.  “I consider all of you like my family.  Even you Peter.  You’re kind of like my daddy, to be honest.” 

Peter laughed.  “Well that’s good to hear.  We’re all like one big family together, aren’t we?  You’re like all of our adopted children and Emelle and I are like your parents.  Your amazing parents who don’t suck like adults.” 

I smiled and kissed Peter’s cheek.  Kyle pulled all of us in a tight group hug. 

“So is it okay?”  Kyle asked.    

“You can do whatever you want on Neverland,” Peter said, “As long as I say it’s okay.” 

Kyle giggled and hugged us both again. 

“Thank you Peter.  Bye mummy!  See you soon!”  Ky said and kissed my cheek. 

“See you later Ky, I love you.”  I yelled out after him when he left the tent. 

“Your welcome.”  Peter said. 

“Thank you.”  I said and hugged him.   “I’m really proud of you.”

“You are?  For what?”  Peter asked. 

“For that whole family speech thing.  To Kyle.  I didn’t know you cared about family.” 

“Well, I do.  But that’s mostly because you’re in it!” 

I laughed as Peter and I left the tent.

Henry ran up to us.  He looked as if he had been running for a long time. 

“Peter!  Emelle!  Thank god you’re here!  All the Lost Boys, they’re gone!  I can’t find them!” 

Henry was right.  It was unusually quiet.  I couldn’t hear any of the Lost Boys playing.  I couldn’t hear the sound of their cheerful hollers. 

“Where did they all go?”  I quietly asked Peter. 

He looked at me and then to Henry. 

“Don’t worry.  Nobody leaves Neverland without my permission, so it’s not like they left the island.  We’ll find them.  We’ll find them before sundown.”  Peter said.    

“Wait, where are you going?”  I yelled as Henry and I chased after Peter who was already heading straight into the forest. 

“They’re here!”  Peter yelled and he turned around to face us.   “The game is on,” Peter said in a menacing voice.  He gave me a crooked smile that sent chills down my spine.  “It’s time.  Let’s play!” 

Author’s Note:

quick chapter for y’all cuz the last one was way too long haha sorry but seriously aren't you proud of me for updating on a weekday?! :D                                          YOU GUYS 5.6K ALREADY AGH ILY ALL

Vote and comment!! <33

Xx-bri (Kik me at briana1265 if you wanna talk to me :))) 

Twitter: @Briana_OUAT