Chapter 11

Chapter 11 – Uncontrollable Magic

Peter’s POV

I woke up to the sound of bloodcurdling screams.  I groaned, as it was still dark outside and whoever was screaming was cutting out time from my beauty sleep.  Estimating the time because of the faded moon’s position, it was probably around 6-7 am.  I turned over to see Emelle sweating, she was screaming as tears were heavily falling down her cheeks.  I immediately jumped out of bed to turn on the lights.  I saw Emelle covered in bruises and cuts.  Oh no.  She was having a dream.  Dreaming in Neverland was almost impossible, Neverland’s existence purely runs on dreams and believing in magic therefore if you had a dream it would be real because in Neverland if you believe, it becomes reality.  Emelle must be having a nightmare.  An extremely terrible one too, she must be dreaming that she was getting beat up, but by who?  There was no point in me trying to wake her up, she had to wake up by herself.  Pulling someone out of their dream in Neveralnd was extremely dangerous and the person would have to suffer fatal consequences once they have awoken.  

Half an hour has past and her cries of pain have only been getting worse.  I knew all of my Lost Boys were awake but none of them dared to enter the tent.  Emelle’s whole body was covered in cuts that were bleeding out a darker then normal red.  When would she wake up?  I was now beginning to consider waking her up, but I didn’t want her to suffer. 

10 minutes later

I was just about to wake her up, when I saw slight movement in her eyes.  She slowly started to wake up but when she did more tears fell from her eyes and she hyperventilated.  I stared at her in shock wondering what she had dreamt of.  I wanted to comfort her, and hug her, but I didn’t want to hurt her because of the cuts and bruises.  Now is not the time to ask questions Pan, fix her up first, then you can be the detective.  I held up Emelle’s head by her chin and looked into her pretty light green eyes with warmth.

“I’ll fix this, don’t worry.” I said. 

I waved my hands over the cuts and bruises with my magic, erasing them as if they were never there in the first place. 

“All better now, right?”  I said. 

Emelle violently shook her head, she was still crying and hyperventilating.  Her gaze was fixed upon the words WORTHLESS BRAT scrawled across her arm.  I waved my hand over the cut, and it still was there.  I frowned, as I wondered why my powerful magic didn’t erase it. 

“It’s fine Peter, I’ll clean it up” said Emelle as she went to the bathroom to rinse her cut. 

I felt so bad for Emelle.  My heart broke at the sight of her looking so traumatized and frightened.  Whoever did this to her must pay the price.  They must suffer the consequences and die. 

Emelle came out of the bathroom but the look of pain in her eyes depressed me.  Tears were still streaming down her face. 

“Don’t,” I said. 

“Don’t what?” she asked. 

“Please don’t cry,” I said, as I gently wiped the tears off her face. 

“Sorry,” she muttered.

“Don’t apologize love,” I smiled at her and pulled her into a long sweet hug. 

After we pulled out of it, I think we both knew that I was going to ask her questions and she was going to have to tell me exactly what happened. 

“I know it’s hard for you right now, but while whatever in your mind is still fresh, you need to tell me what’s wrong.”  I said.  You see, I usually would have already known what was wrong but my magic couldn’t control dreams since they were so irregular in Neverland. 

I watched, as Emelle processed the question in her mind and then sighed. 

“It’s a long story,” she said.

I smirked, “There is an infinitive amount of time on Neverland so I think there’s time for your story.” 

She faked a smile and then took a deep breath. 

“Just promise me after this that you won’t laugh or judge me.” She said. 

“I promise,” I swore and I took her hand, lightly squeezing it. 

“Okay, well it all started when I was 14.  My mom left my dad and I.  After, he became an alcoholic and he was drunk all the time so he beat me.  He beat me everyday I came home from school.  This happened everyday for 3 years.  I had no friends and in school I would always be bullied.  I never wanted to go to school and I never wanted to be at home so this left me always feeling alone.  When I was 16, I didn’t want to go home right away so I decided to walk through a forest near my school.  As I walked, I past a large stump that every time I passed by I would hear a beautiful yet strange and haunting tune from the pipe.  The exact tune you played a couple nights ago during the bonfire.  After when I kept walking, a red book labeled “Once Upon A Time” appeared in front of me.  A book that held fairytales like Snow White and,”

Emelle looked down. 

“What is it?” I asked. 

She looked back up into my eyes. 

“and Peter Pan.  The book said if you chanted I believe, your shadow would take me here.  That’s not exactly what happened Peter.  The day I ran away, when my dad was going to rape me I went back to the forest and heard the sound of your pipe again.  I began to feel light headed and dizzy, so I fell asleep, and that’s when I woke up in Neverland.” 

Author’s Note:

AH, I decided to end this chapter a little earlier then I thought.  It is still pretty long though so I hoped you liked it. Its the weekend tho so woot woot. And maybe Ill double update? or update again tomorrow. tell me in the comments! :)

*unedited so its not the best, sorry!!

VOTE AND SHARE AND COOMMMEEENNNTTTTTT!!!!

-Bri

Twitter: @Briana_OUAT