Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – The Explanation of Being Even More Confused

Emelle's POV

I followed Peter Pan closely behind to his camp while a million questions raced through my mind.  Why am I here?  Why did Peter Pan take me to his camp?  Is he going to kill me?  I was so scared and anxious, but I tried my best not to show my emotions.  We finally arrived at the camp after about 10 minutes of walking.  There were around 20 tents in 2 lines facing each other with a fire pit in the middle.  In the front of the 2 lines of tents, there was a giant tent that was most likely, Peter Pan's.  He turned around to face me. 

"This is the base camp Emelle.  I'll show you to the Lost Boys, and after you can settle into your new home."

Home.  My home definitely wasn't back in London in the house where I used to live.  My home wasn't here in Neverland either, I have only been here for less then a day.  Where is my home then?  I guess I will never belong anywhere.  I'll be like a piece of driftwood, floating along the shores of the ocean and serving no purpose. 

Peter Pan whistled loudly causing 20 boys between the ages 14-17, to leave their tents.  They all filed into a horizontal line facing Peter Pan. 

"These are the Lost Boys.  MY Lost Boys.  One day Emelle, you too may become a Lost Boy.  Or should I say Lost Girl," He smirked at me, searching for a response on my face but I tried to hide my shock.  He introduced me to the Lost Boys telling me each of their names and their special traits.  Finally he got to the last person in line. 

"This is Felix, Emelle.  He is like my brother.  He is excellent at throwing knives towards a moving target.  Maybe he can teach you a thing or two.  Felix is very good at finding people and their secrets."

The two boys shared a knowing glance towards each other. 

"All right boys, it's time to prepare for the bon fire party tonight!  Go collect dry wood and I'll make sure to have my pipe ready," Peter Pan announced to the Lost Boys.  "Emelle, get into my tent and we can discuss things." 

I followed him into the tent and almost gaped at how huge the room was inside.  There was a large, king-sized bed in the middle of the room, with bedside tables at each side, also with lamps on top of the tables.  In the corner, there was a beautiful mirror that had a gold frame.  The room had a closet and a few dark wooden cabinets on the side.  I noticed a door in the corner, so I walked inside and saw a bathroom.  I quickly glanced through the room and observed that there was a toilet, shower and mirror above the sink.  I closed the door and sat down on the perfectly made bed carefully, along with Peter Pan. 

"Why am I here?"

"You see Emelle, the only people who can go to Neverland is if they believe.  If they have a reason to stay here.  If they're important.  If they feel lost and hopeless.  If they need somewhere to escape.  Neverland is a place for the lost people to have a new home.  The only people who can come to Neverland is if they serve a purpose and can help.  Once you set foot in Neverland, you can never leave... without my permission at least," he whispered the last part in hopes that I didn't hear it, but I did. 

"Do I have to stay here for the rest of my life?"  I was scared, I knew that I didn't belong here. 

"Forever," he agreed, "In Neverland, time is frozen so you will never age." 

"Forever young," I whispered, "How old are you Peter Pan?"

"Erm... you can call me Peter if you wish."

He never answered my question.  I guess age is a touchy subject for old people. 

"Why do you think you are here Emelle?"

"I'm not quite sure, sorry.  I don't understand why you brought me here." 

"That's the thing Emelle, I didn't bring you here.  You did." 

Having the last word, he stood up and left the tent.  He turned around,

"Aren't you coming to the bonfire Emelle?" 

I followed him outside to see that it already had become really dark outside.  There was a huge bonfire to illuminate the sky.  Peter pulled out his pipe,

"This is dedicated to Emelle!  Welcome to Neverland!"

Peter started to play the pipe when a familiar tune drifted out of the instrument.  I suddenly realized where the strange melodic tune came from. 

"Peter?"

He nodded at me, signaling for me to continue. 

"I've heard this tune before." 

He looked at me with a strange and knowing look, almost like he knew what I was talking about.  All the Lost Boys were now dancing around the fire like scary possessed children in a horror movie.  I just sat down in the corner waiting for the party to end.  I wasn't too sleepy and I wasn't the party girl type either. 

After Peter finished playing the song, he extended his hand towards me, helping me up. 

"Why aren't you dancing Emelle?"

"I don't know, I just don't know how to dance I guess."

No way was I telling Peter that I never went to parties.  He would use that fact as an advantage and make fun of me. 

"How about I teach you how to dance?"

Oh god no.  Please no.  I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone.

"Peter I'm tired, I'm just going to go in the tent."

Peter had an amused look on his face. 

"I guess I'll just go with you then."  He smirked, as always and followed me into the tent. 

I stood there awkwardly.  The bed was perfectly made, I didn't want to ruin it.  As if Peter read my thoughts he said,

"Don't worry about the bed, it makes itself every morning after 9 am."

I took off my shoes and sat on the bed, my head leaning against the headboard.  Peter did the same as well.

"You're not tired?"

"I don't know Peter, I just want to think.  I'm sort of confused."

"Don't worry Emelle, don't think, it will come to you naturally."

Peter turned off all of the lights and whispered,

"Good night Emelle, have a dreamless sleep."

Peter quickly fell asleep after.  I could hear his breathing pattern change to a very steady and peaceful pace.  Lucky him, he gets to fall asleep.  I wasn't very tired but the only way I usually fall asleep is if I cry myself away to a light slumber. 

Author's Note:

Hey oncers, what did you think? I wrote you a LONG chapter! Please leave comments and ideas for me. They always inspire me to write the next chapter.  I'm slowly starting to show off Emelle's more dark and depressing side.  I keep getting a slight bit of writer's block even though I sort of have a plan.  So Vote Comment and Share! It would really help me out!

-Bri

Twitter: @Briana_OUAT