Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Nightmares

He pushed me to the ground and started to kick my ribs extremely hard.  I could already feel the bruises starting to form.  He stepped on me, taking the wind out of me making it hard to breath. I bit my lip, trying so hard not to scream, knowing that if I cried or made any noise my dad would only hurt me more.  My lip started to bleed, the pain was now worse as my dad started throwing empty beer bottles at me.  I cringed at the glass breaking.  The broken pieces deeply dug into my flesh and I screamed loudly. 

“YOU WORTHLESS BRAT! SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU TO NEVER OPEN UP YOUR DIRTY LITTLE MOUTH BECAUE NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR ANNOYING ASS VOICE!”  my dad’s voice ringing in my ears. 

I saw my mom running down the staircase with a suitcase in her hand.  My vision was blurred due to my tears, so I couldn’t clearly see if she showed any emotion on her face. 

“Mom, please.  Don’t leave me here to die.  Take me with you…” I wanted to say more but it was so hard for me to even breath.  I wiped away the tears on my face to see a flicker of sorrow in her eyes for a single second, but she quickly masked her face to show nothing.  She didn’t even say anything to me.  My mom just looked at my dad and said,

“I hope you die in hell bitch, I never want to see you again.” 

That was the last time I heard my mom’s voice and it was the last time my dad and I saw her. 

My mom leaving only made things worse with dad.  I began to cry when my mom slammed the exit door.  I was still on the floor.  I couldn’t get up. 

“Get up,” I heard my dad say. 

“I can’t,” my hoarse voice whispered. 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME WORTHLESS BRAT?” my dad shrieked.   

He grabbed my arm, squeezing me so tightly that when he let go after he pulled me off the ground there was a red mark on my wrist.  My dad suddenly had a knife in his hand, and he began to swipe the blade across my cheeks.  Every time he would cut me, my dad spat cruel names at me, calling me a bitch and worthless brat.  After he was done cutting my face, arms and almost everything, a sinister look brewed in his eyes.  I was so afraid, I don’t know what he had planned that was worse then this.  He grabbed my arm and tightened the grip of the knife and began to draw on my wrist.  I screamed the pain was completely unbearable.  He only smiled at my scream and dug the knife deeper into my flesh.  When he was done, he punched me in the jaw and I fell over.  My dad opened the door and left, I most likely wouldn’t see him until the next day.  When I landed on the floor with a thud, I saw the red bolded words WORTHLESS BRAT across my arm.  All I could see was red everywhere.  Red on my fingers and red splattered across the floor.  Red on the knife lying inches away from me.  I struggled grabbing it, but after awhile I finally grasped it.  I held the knife above my chest and plunged it down towards my chest. 

Emelle’s POV

I woke up screaming with sweat covering my forehead and hands.  Peter was in front of me and he stared at me with shock.  I looked down to see what was wrong and discovered the exact same cuts on my body that was identical to the day my mom left me.  Ow, they hurt the same too.  I began to cry, as the vivid dream was still fresh in my mind leaving me the same feelings when my mom left me and my dad beat me.  Peter held his hand to my chin and lifted my head to look at him. 

“I’ll fix this, don’t’ worry.” 

He waved his hand over every single bruise and cut on me and they disappeared.  Peter smiled, “All better now, right?” 

I was still shaking.  I was even hyperventilating.  I shook my head and looked down to my arm and still saw the red words, WORTHLESS BRAT.  Peter frowned and waved his hand over my bloody arm again but it only made it bleed worse. 

“It’s fine Peter, I’ll clean it up” I went to the bathroom and rinsed my arm under the cold water from the sink.  I gently patted the words dry with a towel and I sat back on the bed.  I just stared at it.  The scar brought every single memory from the past back to me.  From when my mom left and all the beatings from my father to my terrible experiences in high school, when the Clique bullied me. 

“Don’t,” Peter said.  His eyes looked red.  I didn’t want to question him. 

“Don’t what?” I asked. 

“Please don’t cry,” Peter said as he swiftly wiped the tears off my face.  

“Sorry,” I muttered.  I didn’t mean to cry, it just happens. 

“Don’t apologize love,” Peter smiled at me and pulled me into a long sweet hug. 

If I wasn’t so traumatized from my nightmare, I would have been more nervous and scared to Peter’s sincerity.  Right now, I really needed a hug.  Over Peter’s shoulder I looked at my arm again.  I wonder why Peter’s magic didn’t erase this scar.  In fact, why did the bruises and scars come back too?  I was only sure that something dark and evil was coming for me, as the gut feeling in my stomach twisted, making me feel sick. 

Author’s Note:

Hey Oncers! I felt so bad for the last chapter i hate it lmao it was so short.. so heres a long chapter! wont update again till next weekend I have school. Did i make you sad in this chapter? i kinda like it idrk. pls comment and tell me what u think!

Vote and Comment ! :)

-Bri

Twitter: @Briana_OUAT