Chapter 49

"Here's the stuff," Lauren said as she dropped two plastic bags on the counter.

Her dad was sitting on a bar stool and looked up from his phone, "Thanks, hun. People should be arriving soon. Lucy just got here a few minutes ago and went up to your room."

Suddenly Lauren felt her heart rate quicken. Her eyes widen and she dashed out of the kitchen and upstairs to her room without saying a word to her dad.

The door to her bedroom was closed and she heard mumbling coming from the other side.

Her hand grasped onto the cold silver knob and she twisted it.

Both of the girls were on the white carpeted floor.

Maite was pointing at something in the photobook her and Lauren had been looking at before she had left the room.

Lucy was laying beside her, their shoulders touching as she laughed aloud.

"Uh, hey guys," Lauren greeted as she sat down on her bed that was beside Lucy.

"Hey, Laur," Lucy pushed herself off the floor and pulled Lauren into a hug, "How ya been?"

Lauren's eyes darted to Maite who looked content flipping through the photo album.

"I've been good," Lauren replied, returning the hug, "How about you?"

"I've been good too."

Maite rolled over on her side so she was facing the bed and narrowed her eyes at Lauren.

The Cuban grew uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Uh, Lauren," Maite called, her face had a look of annoyance on it.

Lucy released Lauren from her hold and sat next to her on the comfy bed.

"Yeah?" Lauren answered timidly, afraid that Maite hadn't liked her and Lucy hugging.

"You didn't get me something to drink like I asked," the Argentinean pouted her lip out.

Lauren smiled, relieved, "I'm sorry, I got distracted."

Huffing Maite rolled back over to look at the albums and mumbled, "That doesn't make me less thirsty."

She resemble a little kid at the moment, but Lauren found it adorable. 

When she had first met Maite, the girl had been so shy and nervous, and now here they were, a few months later and Maite was extremely comfortable with Lauren.

Without even realizing it, there was a big dopey smile plastered on Lauren's face.

Rolling her green eyes, she got up from the bed.

"What do you want to drink, princess," Lauren teased, as waited by the door.

Maite looked over her shoulder and shot Lauren an award winning smile, "Water is fine."

Even though Lauren had been teasing her, she liked her calling her princess. It made her feel all giddy inside.

"Lucy," Lauren called, looking at the petit brown headed girl on her bed, "You want anything?"

"Yeah, sure," Lucy said then got off the bed, "I'll just go with you."

The two left the room, leaving Maite alone on the floor.

"So," Lauren dragged, unsure of how to ask the question that was on her mind, "You two don't hate each other?"

Lucy chuckled, "Nope, I apologized for being a bitch to her and now we're cool. She's actually super sweet and I can see why you like her."