Chapter 41

Besides a major headache, the next day was going fine for Maite. 

The show had just finished and the girls, including Lauren, went out for a late night dinner. At first, no one wanted to go, but Ally convinced them all to. Ally was just too sweet to say no to.

Since three out of the five girls in Fifth harmony weren't giving her the time of day, Maite only talked to the remaining two girls, Ally and Camila.

Dinah had chosen to eat at Chinese restaurant, knowing that Maite wasn't that big of a fan of Chinese food.

When it came to ordering Maite just ordered the first thing she saw on the menu, which was some type of soup. 

If she didn't like it, then she knew Camila would finish it off for her.

"How ya feeling?" Camila asked as they waited for the food to get there.

Maite shrugged and poured herself some green tea, "Fine, but I'm never drinking again. I can't remember anything."

A black eyebrow rose on Camila's face and she spared at glance at Lauren, seeing the green-eyed girl tuning in to their conversation.

"Oh, really?" Camila smirked.

Maite took a small sip of the tea, feeling it burn her tongue. She didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of Lauren, so she endured the pain. She felt her eyes water but in a couple of seconds it cooled down some.

"Why?" Maite asked once she had swallowed the tea down, "Did I do something?"

Camila took another glance at Lauren, seeing the girl shake her head in a 'don't you fucking dare' kind of way.

It was better she didn't bring up how the night went there. Lauren would probably kill her.

"Besides get super drunk, nah," the brown-eyed girl responded with a chuckle.

Dinah was texting on her phone, not caring about the conversation taking place.

Ally noticed and tried to lighten the mood, "Texting your boyfriend, Dinah?"

The Polynesian's head shot up and her tan cheeks started to become a dark shade of pink.

She set her phone down, "Shut up! He's not my boyfriend... yet."

"Is this that guy from Texas?" Normani butted in with a knowing smile.

"The guys there are fine," Ally added with a proud smile.

Lauren huffed, "You only say that cause you're from there."

Ally's smile only got wider, "Well, am I wrong?"

Lauren just let out a laugh.

Maite's heart raced increased from hearing the Cuban's laugh. It was a little raspy, just like her voice, but in a good way. A way that made her feel certain things, in a certain place.

Fuck, she wasn't supposed to have those feelings for Lauren anymore. They were done with and soon she wouldn't have to see her anymore.

However, that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

She missed Lauren when she was with her, being away from each other was going to be hell. But she'd get through it.

"So," Ally started, leaning her head on her palm, "Give us the details."

"There aren't any," Dinah replied, with a small smile, "We've just been texting back and forth. We're going to skype sometime this week."

The girls told her how cute that was and that they were happy for her, but all the while teasing her.