Chapter 12

Lauren and Maite had spent the majority of the day together. They visited museums, gift shops, and various food stands. Maite had wished that the day wouldn't have ended. Spending the day with Lauren was probably one of the best days she's ever had. Lauren's mom stayed with them the whole time, which Maite thought would be awkward at first, but turned out to be a blast. She had found it hilariously whenever Lauren would be scolded by her mom for cursing. Maite found herself being able to be herself around Lauren and Lauren's mom. That surprised her. It normally takes a while for her to be comfortable with people who she doesn't know well, but Lauren was an exception.

Lauren was one of those people that could make anyone feel comfortable around them. Actually, all the Fifth Harmony girls were like that. They each had their own very likable and unique personality. Ally's a sweet heart, hating her would be impossible; she's like sunshine personified. Normani is a diva, much like Dinah, but they aren't conceited. They don't tear other people down. They inspire others to express themselves. Then there's Camila who is an adorable goof ball who has a ginormous heart. And lastly, there's Lauren. Maite could go on and on about how special Lauren. She could probably write a book about the sassy, green eyed beauty. She couldn't find just one word that would be able to capture what Lauren is. Admirable, selfless, caring, sincere, and many other words like that came to mind, but none do her justice. Lauren is like the feeling you get when you see someone very important to you for the first time in months. She's the feeling of waking up on Christmas and running to the tree and seeing all the wonderful gifts underneath it. She's like being able to help someones life. 

Lauren is everything.

And that's what Maite wrote about in her notebook after she had gotten back that day. Her hand just flew across the paper, it was as if the words were writing themselves. She also had drawn a small portrait of the Cuban beauty, but was left feeling unsatisfied with it; like her work wasn't able to capture the essence that was Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado.

The next morning, all the girls had to wake up early for sound check to be at the stadium they were going to be performing in later on. It was going to be a busy day since they would be performing their first concert and flying to Chile. Maite almost didn't mind waking up early, she couldn't wait to see Lauren again. 

When she had arrived all the girls were testing the microphones and running through the songs that they would be performing. They were singing one of Maite's favorite songs "Boss" off their album Reflection

Bobbing her head, Maite sang along. She even tried to imitate their dancing. Dinah had laughed when she saw the dark haired girl trying, but failing miserably, to imitate their dance moves. Not too long after Dinah spotted Maite, the rest of  the Fifth Harmony girls did as well. They sent her waves which Maite returned while she danced. Once the song ended, Dinah hopped off the stage and enveloped the other girl in a bone crushing hug.

"D-Dinah," Maite gasped, "I can't breathe."

Dinah chuckled, gave her one last squeeze, then released her from her hold, "don't act like you didn't like it."

"It wasn't acting," Maite muttered. 

Dinah feigned hurt, then smiled mischievously, "I'd run if I were you."

Maite didn't have to be told twice, she took off running in the direction where the other girls were.

"Camila!" Maite yelled, "help! She's trying to kill me."

Camila turned around with a banana in hand, which she was munching on, then laughed once she saw Maite running in sandals trying to get away from Dinah who was gaining on her.