Chapter 15

As Maite and Lauren walked to the awaiting bus outside the airport, Lauren made sure to watch the younger girl at all times to make sure she was okay. They were walking side by side and Lauren had an itch to reach out and intertwine their fingers but she fought the urge. That was a new feeling. She never thought that not holding someone else's hand would have that much of an effect on her, but it did. And that's why she didn't give in and hold Maite's soft, warm hand. The feelings she had gotten from that simple action confused and scared her all at the same time.

Meanwhile, Maite was oblivious to Lauren's gaze. Her mind was elsewhere, and surprisingly not on the panic attack she had just had not too long ago. Although, she wanted nothing more to curl up into a ball and sleep. The little episode she had not too long ago drained her of her energy, but she knew all she needed was a good night's sleep and she'd be good as new. It wasn't her first time experiencing something like that, but it had never been to that extent. She also hadn't had one recently, the last time she could recall having one was when she was younger and stressed out from school. Nonetheless, she wasn't focusing on that, but rather on the Cuban beauty walking beside her. 

She kept thinking back to the little moment they shared when Lauren had saved her. She remembered how Lauren's body felt pressed against her own and how Lauren's lips blessed her pinky with a kiss. A little weird to say, but she was jealous of her own pinky. She wanted Lauren's lips against her own. To feel that soft, plumpness pressed against her lips. Lauren's movements had been so smooth and effortless, Maite wasn't sure how she pulled off being a complete badass and adorable ball of cuteness all at once. It was something that she wished to master.

The bus came in sight and there were fans surrounding it.

They're like fucking zombies, Maite thought.

Don't get her wrong, she loved the fans. More than anything. In the short time that she's been famous, she developed an incredible fan base. They were so sweet and funny. It was like they were her friends. But when they swarmed her and got too close for comfort, she didn't like that. 

"Here we go again," Maite mumbled to herself, feeling the anxiety rise once more. 

And just as fast as it came, it was gone right when Maite felt Lauren's hand slip into hers.

She took her eyes off of the people gathered around the long grey bus and glanced at Lauren.

The other girl gave her a tight lipped smile and shrugged, teasing, "I promised that I would never let it happen again. Remember? It happened not too long ago. We pinky promised. You kissed my pinky, I kissed yours. Ring a bell?"

Lauren ended with a smirk which Maite found unbelievably sexy.

Maite squeezed Lauren's hand, feeling hers become a little sweaty and warm from the contact, "how could I forget? Best kiss that my pinky has ever had."

Were they flirting? Maite definitely felt like they were. 

Lauren laughed, her nose scrunched up and she let out a noise that Maite could only describe as the sweetest noise she's ever heard in her entire life. If that was the last noise that she would ever hear, she would be okay with that. Maite found herself laughing along with Lauren, and she was momentarily distracted from the excited fans that were by the bus. 

Sadly, the moment was interrupted when four security guards came and told them it was time to leave. 

Lauren gave Maite's hand a quick squeeze, trying to comfort her. She felt Maite squeeze back. Her cheeks began to heat up and she bit on her bottom lip to keep her from smiling too hard. 

Why did Maite have this effect on her?

Maybe it's because she's sleepy? Lauren decided that that was the reason. She was just tired and she always felt not completely herself when she's tired.