Chapter 1

Katlynn's POV...

I was in the kitchen and I heard Sophie coming back in and I asked, "You okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I went over and hugged her. She was a sweet person who had just lost her sister. "I'm here for you Sophie, okay?" I let go of her and walked out to the bar. I dealt with a ton of people that came in. It was getting later and I was almost done and Cami came in. "I'm almost done, then I just have to change." "Well you are dragging me to this thing." I laughed when she said that. "You know you want to go and we never do anything. It's going to be fun." I said finishing up. I took off my apron and grabbed my bag. "Ok I just have to change." We went to Cami's place and changed into our costumes. We then went to Marcel's place. Marcel liked Cami and he was really, really hot. Cami was dressed as an angel and I was dressed as in a black short dress and my hair was in a half up half down style and I had a masquerade mask. It looked amazing here. Marcel walked up to us and started talking. "Nice to see you ladies." "Thank you Marcel. I'll leave you two alone. I want to look around." I walked away and got something to drink and looked around. A very attractive man walked up to me and spoke with an accent. "Hello, who might you be?" "A friend of Marcel's. Who are you?" "My name is Klaus. And yours?" "Kaitlynn." "I use to know a girl who changed her name to Kaitlynn, but sadly she died." "I'm so sorry." "She was quite beautiful." I began to feel sad for him. "Well I am sure she cared about you very much." "Would you like to dance, Miss Kaitlynn?" He held out his hand and I put my hand in his. We went to dance and I saw Cami and Marcel wasn't with her. I became curious. I focused back on the man I was dancing with. "You have very beautiful eyes and a face to match it, I bet. Can I have a look," he asked to me. "Well, tonight is a costume party. Maybe, you will find me again with out the mask." When the song ended I had to leave because it was getting late. I went to Cami and we left.

The next day I had the day off. I decided to just walk around town and run some errands. I ran into Sophie while I out. "Hey Sophie." "I need you to come with me." "Ok." She seemed panicked so I went with her. We went to some kind of graveyard. She took me into a small building with a few other people. "We need your help." "With what exactly?" "Taking down Marcel." I was completely lost. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Look, Katy. There are some things you need to know, like Marcel is a vampire."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Sorry for the short chapter. I know it's bad, but cut me some slack I wrote it in like a day on my iPod. The rest of the book should be a lot better. So vote and comment! Thanks :)