Chapter 1

A/N: can't believe I'm writing this first thing in this book because the reason why I even write fanfics are to spread love and happiness in the fandom and to enjoy but ffs please please don't plagiarize my work. I love my work and I worked so hard for it and I acknowledge that it is trash but it's my trash so please respect that. If you really want to, just ask, maybe we can work something out. I'm sorry for that everyone, anyway, please enjoy reading. Happy reading~!!
~
~
~

"Sam, where is she?!" Cap shouted to his communications. He ran at a steady pace, lungs burning already. His hold on his shield tightened. He almost caught her and he wasn't about to let her escape again.

"She's turning right at the intersection, towards the tunnel- oh hell no-" he was cut off, static replaced his voice.

Cap stopped running instinctively and pressed his earpiece again. "Sam?" He yelled.

"His suit self-destructed!" Bucky shouted out the window as he stopped the car right next Steve. "Get in!"

Steve hurried inside before Bucky hurried off, overtaking every car that was too slow. "Turn right. She headed for the tunnel," Steve instructed. Bucky nodded as he sped up.

"Where's Nat?" Steve asked his friend.

"On her way. Said she needed to find the right tools first," Bucky grunted as he cut off yet another public bus. "So many goddamn people."

"There! That's [Y/N]'s car." Steve pointed at the one right in front of them that Cap saw her get into. Bucky understood. They couldn't possibly let her go again. It would be months before they can get a single lead on her. She may be one of the more quiet ones but she was still included in the Avengers' priority list. The ones who could work easily off radar were the most dangerous after all.

Bucky smashed the car's front to the rear of [Y/N]'s car. They couldn't see her face but they saw her head wobbling from the impact. Bucky sped up and got the car close enough to see her. But the person on the wheel was just a dummy wearing a similar hoodie with some kind of blinking technology as the head.

The two super soldiers' eyes bulged when they realized what that blinking meant. Bomb.

Steve jumped towards the passenger seat and wrapped his arm around Bucky. He angled his shield towards the explosion and boom-

The two were knocked out of the burning car, the shield absorbing all the impact from the blast as they collided with the hard asphalt, coughing up any of the smoke they inhaled. Bucky then glanced up and glared a hole through Steve's head. "Great fucking job, punk."

Steve shrugged. "Honest mistake," he bitterly chuckled.

"Hey, fossils, need a lift?" Natasha quipped as she stopped her motorcycle. She cocked and loaded her gun before smirking. "We need to catch an evil genius, if you don't mind."

"Is that my motorcycle?" Bucky asked as he squinted. Steve chuckled before standing up and dusting himself off.

"Never mind that. Get on, Steve." 

Steve didn't have to be told twice before he got on the motorcycle. Bucky stood on his feet and held onto his gun, dusting himself off with a sad puppy face as he pointed.

"B-but that's mine-"

Bucky didn't even get to finish before Natasha sped off. They passed the tunnel but [Y/N] was already nowhere to be seen. No tracks or anything and they were already getting to the crowded part of the city. "I'm going to need directions, Steve."

"I don't know. Sam was the one who tracked her from the sky-" a bullet was shot to their front tire, knocking them both off.

The two quickly recovered as they picked themselves up. The cycle was torn apart from the crash, surprisingly not exploding. They sprang to their feet and examined the surroundings for someone out of the ordinary. But all there was were civilians who just glanced at them, confused as if they were the ones causing the ruckus.