Chapter 10

They made it from the wall to the bed. Not in a sexy way like you'd think. After their shared laugh, another silence took its place as both realized they're were still pressed to the wall. [Y/N] suggested in a hushed tone that they can seat on the bed if Steve liked. He nodded, following her, still not knowing what to say after such an event. "So how will this work?"

"You're the smart one. Figure it out," Steve chuckled, feeling as clueless as she is.

[Y/N] groaned in response, running a hand through her hair. For the first time, she wasn't ready. She didn't have a plan, she didn't have anything. And that not only frightened her, but worried her as well. "This is going to be so complicated."

"I'm sure it will be." He answered back, more to himself as he let everything sink in. He felt bold though even deep inside he was still shaky of what just happened. He took her hand to his and gently placed a kiss before intertwining their fingers. His glance stayed below to their hands, not ready of what her reaction may be to his words. "I've already thought about it, about this. More times than I'd like to admit."

Those words sparked something in the woman's chest. Confidence? Pride? Affection? She wasn't quite sure but a warmth filled her chest as she softly raised his chin to meet each other's eyes. "Already have a strategy then?"

"We keep it to ourselves for a while until it's okay with you to tell other people. It'll be our secret. I won't do anything you're not comfortable with."

"This is something I'm not comfortable with. I'm not familiar with this sort of stuff," she felt like laughing, Steve Rogers was actually serious about this.

"Me too," Steve exasperated, worried himself, "but then we'll take it slow. If that's alright with you?"

"Hell yeah, it is." She felt her heart grow 2 sizes. She cupped Steve's cheek and lightly pulled him to press her lips to his. "That's a good ass strategy."

Steve fluttered his eyes open with a look that can only be described as absolutely smitten. "So that's why they called you the star spangled man with a plan." She held in a laugh as Steve's face drastically changed. "Uh huh, I have the whole song memorized."

"Oh god." Steve cursed under his breath, [Y/N] chuckling at how tormented his face looked.

"So are we a thing now? Are we... together together?" [Y/N] asked, not sure if that was the right term. She knew there was a better way to say it but those were the ones that popped out of her brain.

"Do you want us to be?"

"You just kissed me, captain," [Y/N] deadpanned, "I think you should take responsibilities for your actions."

"So we're official?" Steve asked, his face up to his ear were tinted red.

"I guess so..." [Y/N] trailed, looking down at their hands again. Still giggly over the whole thing. But her expression fell to a worried one when her mind did a once over on what just happened. "Are you sure?" Her tone filled with anxiety, her hold on his instinctively getting tighter. "About this? You do know what kind of shit you're getting yourself into, right?"

"I do." Steve nodded, keeping his gaze to their hands, happy himself that it was actually happening.

"Then why aren't you running away yet?"

Steve's head snapped up to see the worried expression on [Y/N]'s face. He felt like he needed to take a picture of the moment; that was a first."Because I know you."

"I'm pretty sure you don't," she chuckled almost mockingly, "Not that much at least."

He realized that she was right but it's not like him to give up. "Then I will. I'll get to know you. One step at a time."