Chapter 36

"It's been so long, daughter."

"Stay away from him," [Y/N] threatened, baring her clenched teeth as she walked in front of Steve. All her attention was focused on the smirking woman who didn't seem to be bothered at all.

"I will not think twice on painting these walls with your insides," [Y/N] seethed earning a tsk from the woman. She shook her head at [Y/N] disapprovingly. "You've mastered threats, but you should know being stoic makes it better," Mistress advised, pouting her lips teasingly, "emotions ruins it."

"As if I would listen to cowardice like you," [Y/N] spat, her glare unwavering. Mistress huffed and placed a hand on her hip. "I thought we've passed calling names."

[Y/N] didn't let herself be intimidated nor sidetracked. She was there for a mission and although she was burning with fury just by the sight of that woman, she knew why she was here. She raised her gun and aimed right towards Mistress's head. "Where are they?"

"They?" Mistress raised an eyebrow, though the glint in the her eyes told [Y/N] everything she needed to know.

"You know who I'm talking about."

The woman only shrugged, uncaring. [Y/N] gritted her teeth and aimed her gun upwards, wasting a bullet as the cracking ceiling made itself known again. She was running out of patience as the time progressed.

"The children. I know you took them. For your little game plan," [Y/N] snarled. Her outburst was only met with a thrilled cheer. "Oh! You figured it out! Still as sharp as ever! I'm so proud."

Mistress placed a hand on her chest, smiling. [Y/N]'s expression didn't falter one bit, she only lowered the gun, pointing it back to the woman's torso.

"Where are the children? I won't ask again," [Y/N] threatened, earning an unwanted smirk in return.

"They aren't here. But good job, you found one of our hideouts. One of the mains, too. I would expect nothing less." The woman titled her head to the side as she observed [Y/N], always was her best piece of work. "The children always do find their way back to their roots."

"How about you stop spitting shit from that tramp hole of yours before I make another one between your eyes."

The woman snorted, crossing her arms in front of her chest, pretending to be defended. "My, my, is that how you speak to your mother?"

"Don't exaggerate, a donor is more likely," [Y/N] spat back.

"Mother?" Steve whispered to himself, just loud enough for [Y/N] to hear, effectively grabbing her attention. The anger from her face melted away worry took its place. "[Y/N]?" Steve asked softly, disbelief filled his tone.

[Y/N] opened her mouth to explain herself but she could think of nothing when Steve looked at her like that. "[Y/N]? Is that what you call yourself now?" Mistress snickered to herself.

"Steve, I can explain," [Y/N] uttered, not knowing what else to say. That's when Mistress understood what was happening.

"Oh!" Mistress beamed, "this is just delicious!"

"How many things haven't you told him? [Y/N]?" Steve's forehead furrowed at those words as [Y/N] turned her head back at the woman. "Shut up!"